cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z590 Maximus XIII Hero - problem with new LAN Driver

Oxnull
Level 7
Hi All,

There is a new LAN driver on the windows 11 site that was released today, Version 2.0.1.3, this is for the Intel I225 LAN device. After I downloaded and installed I went to device manager. The first adapter is working fine, but adapter #2 has the exclamation mark and when I go to properties it has a Code 43 error.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Is there another place where we can report this issue to ASUS so they can fix the driver? Screenshot attached of the error.

Thanks All!

EDIT: I've tried updating this driver twice now, both times result in a BSOD when doing a restart/shutdown after install, then the error above appears. I advise people to stay away until ASUS hires someone competent enough to upload working drivers.
5 REPLIES 5

Saltgrass
Level 13
Before I try that driver update, did you have the Ethernet cable plugged into either port and if you did, which one?

I was looking at the .pdf file included in the driver download and it mentions two items that were fixed. One is for Win 11 certification. I don't know what the other fix is for exactly.

Since this is the first time I have noticed a driver for Win 11 more advanced than Win 10, maybe they are getting ready for Win 11 22H2 updates.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Good morning, I have ethernet cables in both LAN ports going to separate routers on separate networks for troubleshooting purposes. Good luck with your updates and let me know how it goes. I rolled my drivers back to 1.0.2.8 to get port #2 working and I'm done with this version

Oxnull wrote:
Good morning, I have ethernet cables in both LAN ports going to separate routers on separate networks for troubleshooting purposes. Good luck with your updates and let me know how it goes. I rolled my drivers back to 1.0.2.8 to get port #2 working and I'm done with this version

I just did mine and the end result seems to be the drivers are installed and no problems seen.

The install was a little strange in that I started the ASUS setup utility and the UAC popped up asking if I wanted it to make changes to the computer which I allowed.

I sat there several minutes waiting for something to tell me the progress but nothing ever did. So I started it again with the same result.

To clear the system out, I rebooted but checked the Ethernet driver version and it was 2.0.1.3 so the install worked. I do not know if it did both adapters on the first run but maybe it did. You might check the Events tab on the device in device manager and see if it shows any errors.

The lined thru items are repeats due to the available window size.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Thanks for the update, glad it worked for somebody. The only difference that stands out to me in the event log is my "device configured" line has (oem10.inf) instead of your oem11.inf. maybe they pushed a quick update after I downloaded for the second time, who knows there is no transparency or information on the driver site.

I'm doing an Intel gen 12 build in a few weeks and I'll be picking a new manufacturer for my Z690 board. Armory crate is the worst piece of software I have ever seen, combine that with the driver page and I think ASUS could possibly have the worst software devs of all the mobo manufacturers.

Also does the laziest person imaginable put together these driver folders? 3 executables in the main, multiple subfolders, and not a single readme file. Like you said I clicked on the AsusSetup praying it's the correct one, UAC comes up and then ZERO confirmation that new drivers have been installed, just wait a random amount of time and check device manager, then restart and hope for the best, I guess. Mine resulted in a BSOD so I'm out.

Saltgrass
Level 13
The oemxx.inf files are just renamed from the original ,inf file so that means nothing.

I was wondering if you had only installed one of the devices. If that were to be the case then it may have caused a problem.

I don't normally use the LAN on this system since I have the Wi-Fi 6e operational.

I will be waiting for the 13th or 14 Gen processors. I usually only do a new build every 3 to 4 years.

Good Luck with the new system. They say those things run hot, so be ready. I suppose you have been wandering the Z690 forum?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200