cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team T-Force XTREEM ARGB 32GB DDR4 RAM - any users?

Astroturf
Level 8
Considering upgrading my tiring STRIX Z97I-PLUS with a Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi DDR4 board. I'm doing a white build for the first time and would like to use the XTREEM ARGB RAM which looks cool in the builds I have seen.

My question is - does anyone have experience using this RAM with the STRIX Z690-A, and if so, what configuration and speed / overclock are you using. The information on the Asus compatibility list and the Team Force site are contradictory/confusing.

Thanks in advance - and if this is in the wrong forum, please let me know.
3 REPLIES 3

EyEdUnNo
Level 7

I know I'm very late to this question but I just got the extreme ddr4 64gbs today and I'm actually kinda upset that I can't run my 3600mhz any higher than 3200mhz without crashing. I have the Tuf Gaming z690 board. I switched from Corsair dom platinum 64gbs ram and the Corsair ram was more overclockable and faster by benchmark test scores. They look great just not too impressed that I can't even get them to their out of package speed of 3600mhz.

EyEdUnNo
Level 7

I'm really curious what you found out since last year. I have a z790 ddr5 Tuf gaming board waiting to get put in a 4000x case. I also have a b660m that I'm throwing together too soon for fun

I ended up trying the 3600MHz XTREEM in 2 x 16GB and had mixed success.  First batch worked for 2 days then one chip failed.  Second batch same story after 3 days.  Third batch didn't work at all on one strip.  Fortunately the supplier was brilliant with returns and I ended up with a credit.  I was pondering  4 x 8GB format but given the 16GB experience decided against it.  Currently using Corsair 4 x 8GB 3600 RGB which intermittenly needs a reboot for LED to work.  Couldn't OC the chip but they have been pretty rock solid for nearly a year.  They were on the compatibility list and were really the only other white choice I had for my white build.  HTH.