cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero WIFI XII & Sonic Studio Problem With DCS Simple Radio

scotth
Level 7
I had this working OK for the most part with the original discs but I was constantly having trouble opening up the Sonic Studio so I downloaded and installed the latest Realtek drivers and software. I really need a graphic EQ that works properly because I have hearing issues and my headphones sound really bad on Discord and DCS Simple Radio without it. The problem I'm running into now is that with the most recent updates to the Realtek drivers and software, DCS SR will not output sound through any of the listed devices. When I run the "Audio Preview" without Sonic Studio installed it works fine and I can get audio through any output device. After I install Sonic Studio the preview stops working and I can't get any sound back from DCS SR or any audio from any other clients. I've tried DTS Sound Unbound and that's even worse. I looked for a rewire or reroute function in Sonic Studio but I'm not seeing any options at all. I have tried installing the previous versions of the Realtek drivers and software but it still won't fix the problem. Is there another EQ option available that will work with Realtek Console or am I stuck with Sonic Studio? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest updates.
Senheiser SC 75 USB Headphones
System Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
32 GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro build 21H2 19044.1645
10 REPLIES 10

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi scotth,
If it also occur when connecting speakers, may I have a video about the issue?
Have you uninstall the audio driver and sonic studio and reinstall Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9244.1 from our support site?
Does it occur on bios 2403 with bios all default settings?
Thank you.

scotth
Level 7
OK, thanks for the response.
I didn't realize there was a BIOS update so I did that this morning and it's on 2403 now.
I also left all of the settings in the BIOS at default after restarting.
Yes, I downloaded and installed the correct Realtek drivers and applications directly from the ASUS ROG site.
I verified that the version is Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9244.1and all the applications are from the same package dated 2021-11-12.
I reinstalled the Sonic Studio app and then did this short video to show the problem.
There's no audio but the sound preview should play back whatever the microphone picks up in the lower right indicator.
It only works on Sonic playback when the Sonic Studio is installed.
After I remove the Sonic Studio app it works properly and I get output through all the different devices.
So something in Sonic Studio is interfering with the routing of the signals.
Is there some option that I need to check within Windows to allow the proper routing?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi scotth,
Thank you for your reply.
Does it also occur when you only plugged Senheiser SC 75 USB Headphones in? Which port do you plugged Senheiser SC 75 USB Headphones in?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your RAM, graphics card, OS SSD, PSU, pc case and other headphone/speakers you plugged in at the same time
(Please check the specific model name of the RAM such as G.SKILL F4-3600C19D-16GSXK)
Thank you.

scotth
Level 7
1. I've tried switching the headphones to a different port several times using the rear black and blue ports near the LAN connector.
2. RAM is Gskill Trident 2 RGB DDR4 F4-3200C16D 32GTZR
3. Graphics card is the Nvidia MSI Gforce 1080 with the latest drivers.
4. OS is on Samsung EVO Plus NVME M.2 1TB.
5. Power Supply is very high quality 800 Watt Coolmax modular version with multiple 12v rails.
6. Lotitech 5.1 surround sound speakers plugged into the motherboard analog ports, no other sound cards installed.
7. The case is the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, purchased because it has maximum venting to keep everything cool.
8. The processor is genuine Intel Core i7 10,700 3.8 Ghz 16mb cache.
9. I'm cooling the processor with the MSI Core Frozr heat riser unit.
10. I do have a TrackIR with TrackClipPro plugged into one of the USB 3.0 ports but removing it doesn't change anything.

I do not overclock anything. My personal philosophy is to get the best bang for the buck out of the hardware without causing heat issues.

I had already posted that this problem did not happen with the original Realtek drivers and Sonic studio, so something has changed or is happening with the newest drivers that is causing this issue. If there is not a solution that would work I would like to know if there's a way to be able to bring up the original Windows graphic EQ. That would work sufficiently for me but it looks like installing the Realtek drivers has disabled this feature in Windows and I can't find a way to make it work. I've tried third party EQ's but they cause weird conflicts with the Realtek drivers so that's not an option unless you have a suggestion. I'll PM you the board serial number now.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi scotth,
Thank you for your information.
I'll consult our tech team more about this.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi scotth,
I'm afraid our tech team cannot reproduce the issue with 3.5mm headphone. The sound preview plays back in DCS SR.
Here are the testing video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bMnl3tOaUXD8OYseokb1ntYCXTGy2jMQ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KXw1rkvpNRM6NgmslYYZSEvU3juv_hRm/view?usp=sharing
Do you plug your Senheiser SC 75 USB headphone into USB port or 3.5mm jack?
If you plug into USB port, please also the Senheiser SC 75 USB headphone in Sonic Studio 3. If it is still not working, please share me a screenshot of Sonic Studio 3. Please also plug into 3.5mm jack to check if it also occurs with 3.5mm headphone.
Do you plug headphone and speakers into at the same time?
Thank you.

scotth
Level 7
I posted earlier that the Senheiser SC75 are USB only. It has a jack but it's the special 1/8th plug that only works with the USB adapter. I do however have a spare analog set of headphones, Audio Technica ATH-COMM2. I unplugged my speakers and my USB headphones and plugged in the analog headphones and the same problem exists.

I do not understand what you mean by "share a screenshot of Sonic Studio 3". What specifically are you looking for?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi scotth,
Sorry for misunderstanding.
Since our tech team cannot reproduce the issue with 3.5mm headphones. It is probably system related, so we would suggest use another HDD to install new OS, and only install the Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9244.1 and Sonic Studio 3 from our support site and DCS-SRS to check it again.
Thank you.

scotth
Level 7
Yeah, I'm not going to do that. It's a pain in the ass to reinstall everything.

There's no other solution like a different EQ that I can use?

If there's nothing else I can do I'm probably going to put my Creative XFI card back in and completely uninstall the Realtek drivers and disable the built in audio component in the BIOS. I've always had trouble with Realtek drivers and software. Just annoying frustrating crap IMO.