cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING random BSOD with 1404 Bios

Strakay
Level 7
Hello together,
I just updated the BIOS to the 1404 and then I got several problems, in Windows my PC was sometimes very slow and the mouse hangs, and it crashes with several random BSODs and its compleetely irrelevant if there is load on the cpu or not or sometimes I could play 1h or it crashes 30sek after the start. On the Bluescreen there was noted: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or several other different things ... IRQL...

I resettet the Bios and just tryed XMP1 or XMP2 with the same result. Updated all drivers out of this forum without a change. Then downgraded to 1304 and all issues were gone.

Sys:
Intel 12900k
4x G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16-16-16-36 (4x16 = 64GB)
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A D4
ASUS RTX 3090 TUF OC
20 REPLIES 20

Strakay
Level 7
Thanks for not helping me and releasing a Bios Update 1504 with even more issues, this time after the update from 1304 to 1504. Chrome tabs are crashing with (Out of Memory) and Games are crashing to Desktop or Windows is bluescreening with "System_Service_Exception".

Just rollbacked again to 1304 and again all issues gone.

Dude you have right i have 12600k all stock(MCE Disable,EICT disable,Speed step disable btw its doesnt matter what settings i have im geting BSOD and freeze in any settings i try EVERYTHING))on Z690G with DDR5 and today i switch to 1505 bios and all the problem its start to get worst for 1304 bios..I cant use XMP I or XMP II on stock 6000mhz frequency(at least with 1304 my system with XMP II it was posting) and now my PC its not posting.I can only use XMP II with 5600mhz i can post and it pass also memtest but im crashing in any game.Im dissapoint..so mutch money and i cant use my PC to be stable and play..

Squall_Leonhart
Level 8
you have defective cpus or bad configurations, can't blame asus for choosing to veer off the QVL.

bertsirkin
Level 8
I'm getting the same issue. I updated from 1404 to 1504 and constant BSOD. I have a Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A WiFi D4 and Intel Core i7 12700K 3.6GHz 12 Core with 64gb ram.

I restored a 1-day old back of my boot drive and that didn't help. I reverted back to v1404 and that didn't help. I then removed 32gb ram and that DID help - no more BSOD.

So, I bought another 32gb RAM and installed it - back to the BSOD. When I removed the new ram, everything was good again.

As strange as it sounds, it appears that installing v1504 did something to the motherboard where I can't go above 32gb ram now.

If you're still having this issue, try moving or removing the ram.

bert

ahfoo
Level 13
What are the orginal ram you are using before any BSOD, and what new ram model you purchase after the incident. Did you mix match your ram type? Feed more info here for forums members able to help you further.

Also indicate the BSOD happened during pre boot to windows or post boot windows? Thank you.

ahfoo wrote:
What are the orginal ram you are using before any BSOD, and what new ram model you purchase after the incident. Did you mix match your ram type? Feed more info here for forums members able to help you further.

Also indicate the BSOD happened during pre boot to windows or post boot windows? Thank you.

The ram is all identical: Crucial CT16G4DFRA32A - 4 sticks of 16gb each.

The BSOD occurred at different times - sometimes before the initial Windows loging prompt; sometimes after entering Windows, etc. I was getting various BSOD errors:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - WDFILTER.SYS
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - WIN32KBASE.SYS

I ran the memory test that's in the BIOS (under "tools") and each time there was 64gb ram installed, there were errors. With only 32gb ram, there were no errors.

bert

bertsirkin wrote:
The ram is all identical: Crucial CT16G4DFRA32A - 4 sticks of 16gb each.

The BSOD occurred at different times - sometimes before the initial Windows loging prompt; sometimes after entering Windows, etc. I was getting various BSOD errors:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - WDFILTER.SYS
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - WIN32KBASE.SYS

I ran the memory test that's in the BIOS (under "tools") and each time there was 64gb ram installed, there were errors. With only 32gb ram, there were no errors.

bert

You miss the point that your 64GB ramin two differnet pair of 2 to make it 64GB or 64GB ram in quad pair sold as a unit.

ahfoo wrote:
You miss the point that your 64GB ramin two differnet pair of 2 to make it 64GB or 64GB ram in quad pair sold as a unit.

The system ran fine for a year with the same ram - it wasn't until v1504 was installed that I had any issues.

bert

And what about my issue?