cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 ROG Strix SCAR 15 G533QS BIOS Version 327

ziga34
Level 7
Hello,

After MyASUS app updated laptop to BIOS 327 it lost ~1000 rpm of fan speed.
Before max speed was ~7000 rpm @ 80c and now it's ~6000 rpm. Even before BIOS update laptop was hot during gaming, now it gets super hot.
Can you please bring back 7k rpm back?

Regards,
30 REPLIES 30

rayplanetearth
Level 8
ziga34 wrote:
Hello,

After MyASUS app updated laptop to BIOS 327 it lost ~1000 rpm of fan speed.
Before max speed was ~7000 rpm @ 80c and now it's ~6000 rpm. Even before BIOS update laptop was hot during gaming, now it gets super hot.
Can you please bring back 7k rpm back?

Regards,

same problem. my laptop could run 6k rpm, now 3400 max. I'm so frustrated. why I decided to update the bios cause I was bored.... rog strix scar 17 g733qs

TTLucian
Level 9
Just updated to BIOS 327 on G533QS
With previous version I was able to fine tune the fan speeds on manual profile to keep it quiet and cool but with this version on same speed/temp curve, the fans speeds are much higher. The fans stop completely at 45°C and suddenly ramp up at 3000 rpm it the temps rise to 50°C. On previous version I could get speeds between 1500 rpm and 2000 rpm but this one just ramps up to 3000 rpm. I've tried changing the speed/temp curves to get reasonably low speeds and gentle ramp-ups but it just isn't possible.
I've downgraded BIOS to 325 and fans are behaving well again. Problem is that Windows keeps pushing to update!
ASUS, please fix this!

my CPU heated 90c today and the rpm stuck at 2400 when I took a look. that's not fun

TTLucian wrote:
Just updated to BIOS 327 on G533QS
With previous version I was able to fine tune the fan speeds on manual profile to keep it quiet and cool but with this version on same speed/temp curve, the fans speeds are much higher. The fans stop completely at 45°C and suddenly ramp up at 3000 rpm it the temps rise to 50°C. On previous version I could get speeds between 1500 rpm and 2000 rpm but this one just ramps up to 3000 rpm. I've tried changing the speed/temp curves to get reasonably low speeds and gentle ramp-ups but it just isn't possible.
I've downgraded BIOS to 325 and fans are behaving well again. Problem is that Windows keeps pushing to update!
ASUS, please fix this!

how did you downgrade the BIOS? it doesn't let me

Yes, me2.
Normally, i use the manual mode to set the fan speed. Now, the CPU and GPU always hit 80-90.
Please fix this and make the fan do what they do.

I managed to downgrade from usb to 325 and it seems working better but not sure as before

updating: there's definitely sth wrong with it. after downgraded to 325 I got my 4k+rpm and a while later again the max 3400rpm.

Same problem here with a G713QR

that's ridiculous
after reboot it's 0RPM
and after reboot again it's 3500

same problem. G 713 RW