Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I've used MyAsus to report this to technical support. Hope they will look into it!

New ROGer Array

My asus , customer support

Hello
    I want to use the customized diagnosis section or the other of the customer support sections. Everything is done halfway and does not continue until it is 100%.
    What do you think I should do?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Intel NUC laptop LAPQC71D
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD 5800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAORUS FV43U
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseBeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare II Animate
    Mouse ROG Chakram X
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906 5.1
    Network RouterpfSense/OPNsense

Quote Originally Posted by meegeg View Post
    Hello
    I want to use the customized diagnosis section or the other of the customer support sections. Everything is done halfway and does not continue until it is 100%.
    What do you think I should do?
    If you can't get it to work you can call phone support.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Enthusiast Array

How can you downgrade firmware? I tried with 325 but it just showed a system firmware error in device manager then upon reboot it auto-installed 327 again. Tried it twice with same result.

ROG Member Array

Right click on firmware in device manager, uninstall, check remove the driver, do a new hardware scan, disable firmware (keep it disabled or else windows will update again). Use the hide windows updates tool just in case. If the update gets pushed again, just cancel the update process when system reboots in ezflash.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by TTLucian View Post
    Right click on firmware in device manager, uninstall, check remove the driver, do a new hardware scan, disable firmware (keep it disabled or else windows will update again). Use the hide windows updates tool just in case. If the update gets pushed again, just cancel the update process when system reboots in ezflash.
    Thank you. Will give this a try.

New ROGer Array

the problem that downgrade doesn't help. it takes me to reboot my laptop to get more RPM

New ROGer Array

Aupport ticket filed

I filed a support ticket asking for restoring previous max RPM cap with next BIOS update or return money.

I used to have 6900 rpm in manual mode, GPU on AVG ca 75-80C (active cooling pad, high load), CPU saw 90C threshold from safe distance .

Now GPU constantly works over 80C, HotSpot over 90C (gaming on FPS), CPU reaches often 90C and slightly above. Max RPM in manual mode I observed is 6300 rpm. Still on active cooling pad.

That's a hell of bad update, ASUS crew.

Please file support tickets, otherwise ASUS will keep igonring complaints. From what I see in reddit, they usually do anyway, but that's simply shortening lifespan of GPU/CPU - means hardware we all purchased. Not acceptable.

--- EDIT
    I own G533QR. A higher shelf laptop from 2021.

BIOS 327 - under aggressive load on GPU
    GPU - ca 86C
    GPU HOTSPOT - 96C+, peaking higher on occasion
    CPU - ca 90C, peaking higher often
    Max RPM on fans - 6300 rpm (as reported by Armoury crate)
    Profile: manual, with agressive fan speed curve
    OVerwatch, game from 2016 - incredible suttters due to overheating every X minutes, downgrading graphical settings only stretched the time between stutters

BIOS 325 - under aggresive load on GPU
    GPU - ca 76C
    GPU HOTSPOT - 86C tops, peaking higher on occasion
    CPU - ca 77C on average, peaking higher often
    Max RPM on fans - 7500-7700 rpm (I do believe armoury crate has a bug, I recall 7100-7400rpm on prev version of armoury crate)
    Profile: manual, with agressive fan speed curve
    OVerwatch, game from 2016 - no f...ng problem, as it used be, using even Nvidia optimized settings from geforce experience (ultra, as I see it)

So I will be relaying, what the support said here. For reference. And in reddit thread too I think ;-)

--- UPDATE Jun 16
    Support team answer is kind of dismissive.

'Reinstall things' + 'can't donwgrade your BIOS manually, you need to send it to service'.

I decided to disagree, point out where they are wrong and demand more specific answers. Also suggested checking with customer protection service authority (I happen to live in EU) if that's not a mass consumer rights infrigement if the dismissive answering keeps going on.

--- UPDATE Jun 24

Support team acknoweldged the issue and passed on information a BIOS update with fix should be released by the end of the month. Nice.

I still have not received full release note on 325 and 327, neither it's published on ASUS website - thus the risk level and impact of shortening lifespan of components due to either overheating or working on 325 remains unknown. Not nice.
    Last edited by PsychoFish; 06-23-2022 at 10:35 PM. Reason: updated with most recent support response

New ROGer Array

That's great to hear that they are looking into a fix. I certainly hope they look into how it's affected all of their builds, as my g512lw has the same issue running the latest bios, which is only the second released since I bought it in 2020. If they skip over kt generation I'm going to be livid. Seriously I keep hearing about all these books updates and I don't see more than two on my models support site. Am I missing something here?

It's already 2 years old and I'd not like to speed up it's degradation further. Lol

ROG Enthusiast Array

BIOS v329 was released on July 11. Anyone willing to try it and see if it fixes the issues?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast