cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550 I - BSOD irql not less or equal

bpm990d
Level 7
So I've had this build for about a year. Win 10, with an AMD 4750G but it was upgraded to a AMD RX 6600 about six months ago. Has 32gigs of Team Group DDR4. I can't remember if it's on the QVL, but I try and make sure my builds all have the correct memory.

I'm getting BSODs about twice a day. Seems really random, just watching a youtube video or listening to music. Most common report is irql not less or equal. I've done a SFC and all the the other things you can find in a google search on that error message. I have had other BSODs with different error msgs. but that's the most common. Each time I run SFC after I get an unexpected shutdown, it seems to find corrupted files that it fixes.

I'm starting to get annoyed and think I might try and install Win 11. I like 10 a lot better though.

Anyone else getting BSOD on B550 I boards?
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hi bpm990d

I've gotten the "irq not less or equal" BSOD when overclocking my memory.

I suspect memory instability.

You can try loosening the timings, lowering the frequency or leave as is and raise some voltages.

Dram voltage - 1.40v
SOC voltage - 1.20v Maximum

If raising voltages, there will be a slight increase in Dimm module temp and cpu temp.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi bpm990d
You can try loosening the timings, lowering the frequency or leave as is and raise some voltages.

Dram voltage - 1.40v
SOC voltage - 1.20v Maximum

If raising voltages, there will be a slight increase in Dimm module temp and cpu temp.

Hey thanks for the reply, I'll have to give it a try. My memory is DDR 3600 with 18-22-22-42 timings and it's running at 3600ghz.

I have a back up of my Win10 install, so I decided to do a clean install of Win 11 yesterday to see if that would solve my issue. Yup, BSOD on that OS as well. Once I post this, I'll go into my UEFI and play around.

Thanks again, B

Drop it to 3200 and see if persists... Simplest way to rule out components if overclocking...

bpm990d wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply, I'll have to give it a try. My memory is DDR 3600 with 18-22-22-42 timings and it's running at 3600ghz.

I have a back up of my Win10 install, so I decided to do a clean install of Win 11 yesterday to see if that would solve my issue. Yup, BSOD on that OS as well. Once I post this, I'll go into my UEFI and play around.

Thanks again, B

J Bish wrote:
Drop it to 3200 and see if persists... Simplest way to rule out components if overclocking...

Thanks for the advice. I did up the DRAM voltage to 1.4v and so far so good. No BSOD so far, I hope I don't jinx myself.

I'll try dropping it to 3200 ghz when I migrate back to Win 10. Gawd I can't stand 11.

B

OMG, I can't win. I went for 24 hrs without a problem and then when I post that I hope I don't jinx myself, I get a KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD within 5 minutes. Grrrr........

Never had a problem with any of my other AUSU boards. I don't think it's my memory, since I have run a memory diagnostic and it found no errors. I can't remember which one it was, but it ran on bootup.

I have run SFC several time and more often than most it finds errors and repairs them. A couple of times the reference file was borked and I needed to re-download it.

B

I meant run it at stock speeds... Remove all changes you've made... Start from there...:cool::cool:

bpm990d wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I did up the DRAM voltage to 1.4v and so far so good. No BSOD so far, I hope I don't jinx myself.

I'll try dropping it to 3200 ghz when I migrate back to Win 10. Gawd I can't stand 11.

B

Nate152
I've got this one too.

The KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED can be a memory related error but can also be a corrupted/outdated driver.

You could try SOC voltage at 1.15v - 1.20v Maximum. If you still get blue screens, reset to defaults and see how it goes from there for a while.

If you get blue screens at default settings, take note if it gives any driver or device indication.

Or do a fresh windows reinstall.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Remove any CPU overclocking such as PBO

Run Karhu Ramtest for 1000-1500% and check for errors at XMP settings.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090