cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Z690 Maximus Hero] Sound cracking Win11 Login Startup // no front usb charging usb c

beo21
Level 7
Hi all,

i recently switched from a gigabyte gaming x ddr5 to the maximus hero z690.

delivery bios was 0604 -> updated to 1304 today.

When i start Win11 inside the login Screen my speakers are cracking 5-6 times .... also my keyboard is reacting very late - 10s after login screen is fully there and the mouse is able to use and click before... any ideas ?

2nd issue is, that i cannot use my front usb-c gen 3.1 gen 2 to load my iphone .. .doesnt recognise anything.
i did NOT connect the PD12V connector on the mainboard, cause manual said that without connecting 27W shall be delivered too ?

Thanks for ur help.

Best
2 REPLIES 2

Falkentyne
Level 12
Can you use a normal USB C device in that port?
if nothing is detected at all, you need to flash the 2x2 USB firmware that should be available on the Asus support page for that motherboard.

Falkentyne wrote:
Can you use a normal USB C device in that port?
if nothing is detected at all, you need to flash the 2x2 USB firmware that should be available on the Asus support page for that motherboard.

thx for u answer !! i indeed plugged the usb gen 3.2 3x1 header vice versa in the mainboard ... i wonder myself how i did this, becaiuse th header has an triangle symbol and also the plug .... and its vice versa connceted now but working

the sound 4-5 "plops" at windows start is still there with 1304 firmware and after the alc firmware update itself

anyone experiencing that the keyboard is being initialised 5s later on the windows login screen ? mous is working instant keyboard not

thx