cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690-F 2nd GPU

Blairnorman
Level 8
I have a Z690-F and I am trying to use a 2nd GPU but nothing is being detected. Does having a certain # of M.2 slots populated DISABLE a PCI express slot (bottom one)?

I have tried several GPU's and none are detected in Windows or bios.

My main GPU is AMD - would it matter that I am trying to also use a NVIDIA GPU in the same machine? Does my 2nd GPU need to also be AMD?

I've tried two different known good NVIDIA GPUs at this point and neither show in device manager.

Is there somewhere in BIOS that should what PCI cards are detected populated? I couldn't find the menu/setting.

Thank you in advance for your help!
4 REPLIES 4

world
Within your BIOS, what do you see when you go to Advanced -> PCH Configuration -> PCI Express Configuration -> PCIEX16(G3)?

It should either give you a readout of what the connection bandwidth is or "not present" if it doesn't detect anything connected.

Just curious-- what are you using 1 AMD GPU and 1 NVidia GPU in the same system for?

Thanks so much for the reply! I will check as soon as I get home today and reply back with results.

I happen to have several NVIDIA GPUs laying around. The current AMD one I am using if the first AMD card I have bought. (6700xt)

I was just trying to add a video card to drive extra monitors.

I'll post with what I see in bios tonight. Might it simply things to try to find an economic AMD card for 2nd GPU? I am wondering if using AMD and NVIDIA is going to complicate things and could potentially be causing my issue.

Blairnorman wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply! I will check as soon as I get home today and reply back with results.

I happen to have several NVIDIA GPUs laying around. The current AMD one I am using if the first AMD card I have bought. (6700xt)

I was just trying to add a video card to drive extra monitors.

I'll post with what I see in bios tonight. Might it simply things to try to find an economic AMD card for 2nd GPU? I am wondering if using AMD and NVIDIA is going to complicate things and could potentially be causing my issue.

Did you find a solution to your problem? I am personally not trying to run 2 cards in my system, neither f the 2 cards I have on hand are showing up in bios or device manager and I don't know why.

Nate152
You may have a better chance at getting both gpu's to work by putting the Nvidia gpu as the primary gpu.

Nvidia gpu's need x8 lanes to work, AMD gpu's need only x4 lanes to work.