cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.skill ram not detected / stuck at rainbow w armory crate / any lighting software

RsdFnd
Level 7
I used to have no problem w my previous i7-8700 on ROG H370-i Mobo. Now with my new PC ( Ryzen 7 5700x on ROG B550-i), G.SKILL TridentZ Neo not detected and stuck at rainbow color. Not only with armory crate, but with any lighting softwares. I'm curious if this was actually the mobo problem or the BIOS version problem!
I've tried:-

1) Latest Armory Crate updates ver. 5.1.5.0
2) Latest B550-i BIOS updates ver. 2603
3) Complete reset Win11 w the very 1st software only the Armory Crate
4) Re-install my RAM

BUT no, nothing solve. All other RGB devices ok except for the RAM. I start to hate ROG now lol. Appreciate for the support. Thanks..
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Hi RsdFnd

Have you installed the G.Skill software?

1) Close Armoury Crate.

2) Install the G.Skill software, configure your ram with it, then in task manager. start up tab, Disable the G.Skill software.

3) Reboot and open Armoury Crate, you should have control of your ram.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi RsdFnd

Have you installed the G.Skill software?

1) Close Armoury Crate.

2) Install the G.Skill software, configure your ram with it, then in task manager. start up tab, Disable the G.Skill software.

3) Reboot and open Armoury Crate, you should have control of your ram.

I did. many times. but as per my title, G.skill software also cannot detect my RAM. unable to change color. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my stick because i even swap with my old TridentZ RAM but end up the same thing happened.

Nate152
Thank you

Let's see if we can get your ram detected in the G.Skill software.

It's ok to have Armoury Crate installed, just close it when using the G.Skill software.

They're basically saying for an undetected component to reinstall the G.Skill software, I'd also reboot for good measure.

Let's start with this.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Let's see if we can get your ram detected in the G.Skill software.

It's ok to have Armoury Crate installed, just close it when using the G.Skill software.

They're basically saying for an undetected component to reinstall the G.Skill software, I'd also reboot for good measure.

Let's start with this.

Correct. I've read this support from G.SKILL. And the situation as per description. the icon is "DRAM" = not detected. i've reinstall, restart, and also tried without Armory Crate installed. meaning have uninstalled using uninstaller tool for the Crate. but g.skill software still stuck with "DRAM"..

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Ok,

I see there is a new version and looks like it was released today.

To confirm, are you using this download for the G.Skill software?

https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-RGB,-Neo,-Royal,-Royal-Elite,...

I will try in the morning and get back to you with the result asap. tqvm for your fast response.

Nate152
You're welcome,

Be sure to uninstall your current version of the G.Skill software, then download it from the link I listed.

And no hurry, post whenever you get time.

Nate152 wrote:
You're welcome,

Be sure to uninstall your current version of the G.Skill software, then download it from the link I listed.

And no hurry, post whenever you get time.

So as you can see below:
1) No G.SKILL in windows, download latest version from your link: https://www.gskill.com/download/1502...-Elite,-Z5-RGB
2) Armory Crate maintain close, install G.SKILL, Restart
3) Still stuck with DRAM icon:

Hye any further update?,
This problem has drive a lot of people crazy.
Thanks.