cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer lag / Sound Stutter ASUS G74SX

garratt04
Level 7
Hey everyone,

So I recently sent my notebook in to get repair and I finally got it back but it seems the problem that I was having before still persists. For some reason I seem to be getting a weird lag issue that happens randomly. Its like my CPU stutters and my sound also stutters in all programs. This happens when I am playing different computer games, listening to music or even shutting down the internet browser. This problem is driving me NUTS i've been searching all over for a fix. I've checked my audio drivers and everything seems to be up to date.

Thanks,
Chris
22 REPLIES 22

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Have you ever updated you WLAN driver? If you have an Atheros WLAN card, which driver are you using?

I am using the 9.2.0.458 Driver is that incorrect??

garratt04 wrote:
I am using the 9.2.0.458 Driver is that incorrect??

No, it's okay...that's a fairly recent one. I can't remember the version number, but the original Atheros driver (the one shipped on the machine) caused a lot of DPC lag. I just wanted to rule out that possibility.

I'm signing off soon, but you might want to run DPC Latency Checker and see if a driver is giving you serious latency issues. They can cause the kind of behaviors you're describing.

garratt04
Level 7
So I updated my Atheros WIFI / BT Drivers and nothing has changed i'm still getting the same lag issues that I was getting before... This is starting to drive me absolutely nuts because its interrupting my game play. Its like a short little stutter that happens randomly when im playing games or anything

HavokD
Level 9
Go to Event Viewer and try to find the errors, something should show. I've got those problems on mine (the sound is kind of a robotic tune with the last sound looping, almost like dubstep), and it shows on Event Viewer as Display errors or critical "Kernel Power" errors.

garratt04
Level 7
I checked in the Event Viewer and i'm getting nothing of a kernal power error at all 😞

garratt04
Level 7
I am still experiencing this problem can someone please help me I will honestly do anything. I'm getting so extremely frustrated

garratt04 wrote:
I am still experiencing this problem can someone please help me I will honestly do anything. I'm getting so extremely frustrated

Maybe it's time for a factory restore or a clean install?

garratt04
Level 7
I honestly did a factory reset about two weeks ago could it be McAfee Anti Virus?