cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF FA506QM, Wired Xbox Controller Disconnect After Vibration

deyriell
Level 7
Hello,

I've recently bought an Asus A15 FA506QM, i updated every update available.
I have 3 wired Xbox controller, i've tested every single one of them with this laptop, and three of them got disconnected after couple vibration / long vibration.
i've tested on Darksiders Genesis and Moving-out.
I also have another laptop and a desktop pc to test these 3 controllers but non of them have the same issues as i have with this laptop.
Anyone experienced the same thing?
Please let me know if there any possible fix i can do.

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
This sounds to me like a power issue. As far as I know there wouldn't be anything special about the *data* involved in a vibration but it would draw more power to drive the vibration motor. I would try a different USB port if possible and/or you could try connecting through a powered hub. However, there should be enough power to drive a vibration motor so maybe the USB port is defective.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
This sounds to me like a power issue. As far as I know there wouldn't be anything special about the *data* involved in a vibration but it would draw more power to drive the vibration motor. I would try a different USB port if possible and/or you could try connecting through a powered hub. However, there should be enough power to drive a vibration motor so maybe the USB port is defective.

Hello,
Thank you for the information,
I've tried all three available USB but still got the issues,
I even re-installed the USB root HUB.
I wouldn't go further getting a USB powered HUB just to test because this problem shouldn't exist if nothing bad going on with the laptop.
Do you know how ASUS normally handle this?
Should i back up my data before contacting the customer service?

Thank you.

xeromist
Yes, always back up anything important before sending a laptop for service. You never know if they might need to swap the entire laptop for a different one and you'd lose everything. However, that's uncommon. For this situation they will likely swap the motherboard and you'd get the same data drive back.

The only concern is that it seems like the ports work with *some* devices so it could be hard for them to test and verify the problem if they do not have an xbox controller on hand. If you have any other USB devices which require power I would test those as well. Maybe try charging something using the USB ports. And make sure to inform support that the problem only occurs when extra power is being drawn.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

deyriell
Level 7
Hello Xeromist, yes, i will actually bring another laptop to the Service Center today to give proof, and tested myself that this TUF surery has problem while the other don't.
I also called them yesterday and explained how i already done what i could, (re-install USB Root Hub, re-install Gamepad Driver) and last thing they said to re-install Windows which i already did, but still no luck. Hopefully things will go well.