cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Armory Crate so busted? This time ROG Fan Controller (2005) Error.

Tacet
Level 7
So built a new computer and by far and away the worst part has been Armory Crate. From it forgetting my setting and going back to factory default multiple times, so my computer suddenly turns into the aurora borealis when it turns off. To having some stupid audio driver issue that prevents my computer from hibernating.
But by far and away the worst part of Armory Crate is the ROG Fan Controller.
Simply put I shouldn't need to have to start Armory Crate then load up ROG Fan Controller for it to control my fans. Luckily I have an Aquacomputer pump that I have set an alarm with so that when I forget to load ROG Fan Controller and my water loop goes over 50c it goes off and reminds me to get Armory Crate going.

And to top it off since I updated Java today Armory Crate is spitting out Script Errors and now ROG Fan Controller has a Page Error (2005) wont load so I now can't do any work or game that would push my CPU as my fan speed is stuck at idle.
4 REPLIES 4

cjmnews
Level 9
Here are a couple of links to a different fan controller that seems to just work.

https://github.com/rem0o/fancontrol.releases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDPKVKBMQU8 shows how to use multiple sensors to make for better automatic cooling decisions.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Best cooling solution for fan control bar none is Aquacomputer. Ive never had any luck with ASUS fan curves be it from the BIOS or Crate. Only reason I even have crate installed is so the lighting service is running so I can control the MOBO with Ique. Its just never delivered for me from day one before it changed to Armory crate. Some seem to do OK with it, Im just not one of them.

Well it's a moot point now.

In pulling my fan cables from the ROG controller so as to connect them directly to the various motherboard headers, while I wait for an Aquacomputer aquerio and fan board, I some how disturbed my firecuda mvne enough that it threw a critical process fail and I now get to format and reinstall windows. Luckily I have most installs on other drives, unluckily while command line formatting my boot drive I accidentally targeted one of my other drives that happened to be the same size and erased that instead, luckily I have a full install of windows with recovery software on a external drive so am now 2 hours in to a 6 hour recovery on my accident, unluckily recovery isn't good on SSDs so my original C drive data is still lost.

Suffice to say while I do hold responsibility for everything that came later the chain wouldn't have started without Armory Crate being awful, and I am never going to install that trash again.

Makes me miss my old rig where Aquacomputer took care of everything, fan and pump curves, rgb, temp and flow alarms even power control.

my pc runs much better without armoury crate so good luck to all.