cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero Bios 8503 Wi-Fi (C6HWIFI.CAP) vs. C6H.CAP

Charlie_Woken
Level 7
I have a Crosshair VI Hero (C6H) and will be adding a Ryzen 7 5800G. This mother board has an EKWB mono block and since I need to remove the mono block I will also be inserting an Intel AX210 Bluetooth 5.2 card in the exposed M.2 slot. I currently have a Ryzen 7 1800X CPU running on the C6H with the 8503 Bios (C6H.CAP) If I add the Wi-Fi card should I change the Bios to the 8503 Wi-Fi Bios (C6HWIFI.CAP)?

I purchased the Ryzen 7 5800G at a very low price and since my goal is only to facilitate using Windows 11, requiring the replacement of the first generation of AMD Ryzen CPUs my only goal is to get a CPU to run Windows 11. I am not interested it the ability of the Ryzen 7 5800G to function as a APU (built-in GPU). I am aware that my Crosshair does not have the capability to output a video signal (no ports). But, it does have an M.2 port for a Wi-Fi card. I have read two postings by separate people claiming that they have been able to install a Wi-Fi card in their C6H, non-Wi-Fi versions. These people did not say anything about the bios that they used.

If you look through my posts you will find that I own two C6H mother boards they are identical, mono bloc and all, the other board will receive a Ryzen 9 5950X. Depending on the success of this Wi-Fi experiment, I may put a Wi-Fi card in both. My LAN is serviced by a 10GB optical network and both of these cards run with an Intel 10GB network card.
Any recommendations will be appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0