cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Extreme - Slow Boot/Post times after bios update

blpphantom
Level 7
Hi there folks,

Recently got myself the Crosshair VIII Extreme board. Ran perfectly fine on initial boot up but since a Bios update (and then return to the original due to stability issues!) I'm getting really slow boot/post times.

Before the Bios update and rollback I was (from power on to being in windows) getting an average time of just under a minute. Now I'm getting rough times of around 3 minutes from power on to being in windows. It is also very slow to respond to pressing the F2 key to get into bios (takes the same amount of the time as it would to get into windows).

Other than the slow boot/post time the machine runs fine, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any insight on this or has had it happen to them?
4 REPLIES 4

pz123456
Level 10
Hi,

im using the 0801 (Agesa 1207) Version since its Beta relase - which lost its Beta status yesterday.

My Post Time is around 50 seconds.

pz123456 wrote:
Hi,

im using the 0801 (Agesa 1207) Version since its Beta relase - which lost its Beta status yesterday.

My Post Time is around 50 seconds.

I'll give that version a try, I'm currently on 401 as it was the only one that gave me any form of stability when in windows.

I did some extra troubleshooting and found that the system booted fine (under a minute) with the DIMM.2 card removed. So I'm troubleshooting if the DIMM.2 socket is borked or if its just a by product of having it fully loaded (2 nvme drives) on a 3900xt.

Oddly sometimes it will load up fine (under a minute) other times it'll take 3-4 minutes...I'd say it was feeling lazy

i also have the DIMM2 with 2 Samsung EVO 970 Plus 1TB-could also be 1 of your SSDs which are faulty.

My brother had a smiliar problem - turned out his HDD was broken and slowed the whole system down. After he removed his faulty HDD everything was fine. I would try out removing the ssds one after one.

Bit of a delayed update...

Everything is now working fine...I have no clue how, but after some stress runs (long periods of having the machine on) and completing the entire backlog of windows updates I ended up with it working fine.

I've even been able to update to the latest bios and everything is stable...