Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

Aiprotection just warns me of 2 things. Having remote access from WAN on and for having UPnP enabled. The UPnp I use to make my plex service work without any issues and the access from WAN I leave on for the smart control options. I did go ahead and turn it off to see if anything changed but still same events. Talking with ASUS Tech Support and they want me to RMA it again. Look like thats what I will be doing I guess. I do miss aimesh so would be nice to usethat feature again if there is an actual hardware issue in my routerIt is just very inconvenient.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

New ROGer Array

For remote access from WAN I have it turned off, no warning from AiProtection. My understanding is this is for access to WebGUI for the router configuration pages. I am able to check the Deltran WiFi charger from away, (so long as it has signal to my network). I'm curious if turning it off affects any smart function? Background that I Googled:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/100...5BSign%20In%5D.

New ROGer Array

Do you have any idea on what the sending station is either leaving or left means?

If I am not mistaken, sending station leaving and disassociating devices are normal mesh operations. When your device is determined to be closer to another WIfI broadcast, AIMesh will roam and connect to the better signal, hence you see these messages all the time.

I have seen sooooooo many people complaining though about the random disconnects assosciated with the “device is not mesh client, cant update IP“ and I have also been experiancing this. However, I think I am the only person on this message board with more information on this.

While everybody is quick to complain and post troubleshooting, nobody has actually identified the devices on their network causing this

I have 90-100 devices connected to my AX11000 but only 3 of them spit this error back. Those devices all happen to be my DirecTV recievers. I have the whole home package so these recievers have the ability to create their own little network without needing my network, so I am assuming this is the reason it is reported as not mesh client eventhough I assign IP manually to every single device (Hence how I know what has been reporting the error)

so for those troubleshooting, please post which devices are causing the “not mesh client cant update IP” and whether or not it has additional network connectiviy of some sort. Could it be related?

FYI whats more interesting is most posts that I see on this that show users MAC address in question seem to match the same type of equipment……..Mac addresses begin with

08:EB:74:Xx:Xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip
    1C:3AE:XX:XX:XX
    10:77:B1:xx:xx:xx

All directv genies
    Last edited by VDash54; 06-28-2022 at 03:28 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    Try using merlin firmware
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/asu...s/GT-AXE11000/

You can always flash back to Asus firmware, but I've always found merlin was better when I was using Asus Routers.
    If I switch over to Merlin, can it then download newer releases through the admin?

New ROGer Array

I am not 100% sure about this. But I too was seeing many (way too many) "Disassociated because sending station is leaving" and similar/related items in the log on my new GS-AX3000 router. In my case, it was not just that having them in the log was an issue but I could tell from the client list connection times that devices were actually disconnecting and re-connecting again. In my case, ALL of these were for IoT/Smart Home devices on the 2.4G wifi. I read elsewhere that beam forming only really works with devices that know how to deal with it properly. I figured that many of my devices were old and/or cheap and perhaps could not do so properly. So I decided to disable all beam forming on that wifi and it appears that the vast majority of this has stopped. I have one device, an outdoor camera, that is the furthest away from the router and I have seen it loose connection and reconnect in this way when before (with beam forming) it seemed pretty solid. Of course, YMMV. Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4