cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if i reinstall windows will i lose the rog symbol splash screen?

PSYKOnz
Level 9
so I managed to bugger up my windows install, so I'm going to wipe it and start again, I've never used a rog bord before and I really like the logo and stuff showing up while windows loads, my question is, and yes I am aware its a stupid one, but stupid is what I do and I'm good at stupid, so here we go.

if I wipe my OS drive and reinstall windows 11 will I lose all the rog stuff that comes up during windows booting?

if I will, is there a way not to?

go easy on me...

cheers guys
11 REPLIES 11

dannyvdm
Level 7
PSYKOnz wrote:
so I managed to bugger up my windows install, so I'm going to wipe it and start again, I've never used a rog bord before and I really like the logo and stuff showing up while windows loads, my question is, and yes I am aware its a stupid one, but stupid is what I do and I'm good at stupid, so here we go.

if I wipe my OS drive and reinstall windows 11 will I lose all the rog stuff that comes up during windows booting?

go easy on me...

cheers guys
NEE ...zit in je bios wat jij bedoelt

DragDay7
Level 9
Hey,

As long as you use UEFI mode it will stay until Windows is loaded.

Please forgive my ignorance, how do I make sure I use UEFI mode?

Lol yea I was just reading that, so basically if I boot to my windows install flash drive, format my drive and reinstall windows from there (same as I've always done with past setups) all will be fine, or would it be better to do the reset windows way through the os it's self?

I'm so sorry for the stupidity of my questions, I'm new to Asus ROG and windows 11, just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I do it

Thank you all for your patience and help with this by the way

Oh and to be clear I'm worried about loosing the logo AFTER the bios one, not the bios one it's self, I know that one is always going to stay

PSYKOnz wrote:
Oh and to be clear I'm worried about loosing the logo AFTER the bios one, not the bios one it's self, I know that one is always going to stay

That confuses me. Could you take a photo of what exacly you'd like to keep?

DragDay7 wrote:
That confuses me. Could you take a photo of what exacly you'd like to keep?

Ok so on all my previous builds after the bios press del screen goes away and windows begins to start I always got the windows logo with the dot wheel underneath it as windows loads up.

However with this build when it gets past the bios load screen and windows starts up I get the ROG eye symbol thing

That's what I want to keep

Ribellu
Level 10
PSYKOnz wrote:

go easy on me...

cheers guys

All rog stuff is part of the BIOS, the bios is a chip incorporated on the motherboard so it is independent of Windows, even if windows subsequently interacts with the bios, your BIOS settings remain saved in the BIOS.

Awesome! Thank you so much, it seems I had nothing to worrie about at all 🙂

Time to get some backups done before the reset, thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it