cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z690 hero cannot regenize RAM at A1 & A2 ram slots - QCODE 55

yoel100
Level 7
Hey all,
My MB shows QCODE 55 if I put the RAM in A1 or A2 slot, in B1 and B2 no error.
if I reseat the CPU the error is gone then come back after the same time.

MB is not part of the defective z690 hero cap issue - confirmed via the Asus site and by visual check of the cap.
Tried to clean CPU from thermal paste, reseat the CPU, reseat RAM - not working 😞
Also, check for bent pins in the CPU socket but none were seen.
RAM appears in the QVL list ( corsair CMT32GX5M2X5600C36)
Tried with XMP on and off - same result.

the other issue is that when the system did succeed to boot it takes a lot of time to boot - about 2 minutes seems because of the POST check. maybe there is a setting to turn off the post check that takes a lot of time?

any other suggestions before RMA?

System details:
CPU: Intel i9 12900k
MB: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 Hero
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 5600MHz C36
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB
Power supply: EVGA 1600 T2
16 REPLIES 16

Ribellu
Level 10
Hi,

I had the same experience with my old mobo, some pins were spread apart and slightly crushed, at first I didn't notice it, then I examined all the pins in depth with a magnifying glass and good lighting and bingo . Then with a needle I straightened them as best I could and I got my ram slots back.

Yet to the naked eye all the pins looked correct.

All mb pins seems ok

ahfoo
Level 13
Try only insert RAM in A1 and A. If no issue, remove A1 and A2 pair and insert another RAM set in B1 and B2. If there is no issue, Put back all 4 slot of ram and test it out. If there is error, I supposed a BIOS issue.
PS: You need to test all this with XMP disable and XMP profile 1. I do not think hardware issue but more on bios issue. That my opinion.

DragDay7
Level 9
Hi,

How about follow the manual? 😉

You're not supposed to use A1+A2 or B1+B2 with dual channel sticks.

DragDay7 wrote:
Hi,

How about follow the manual? 😉

You're not supposed to use A1+A2 or B1+B2 with dual channel sticks.

Hi Mate, I am running 4 stick running with no issue.

DragDay7
Level 9
Hi ahfoo,

I was referring to OPs setup - he uses two sticks and he should populate A2+B2 only.

i did tried to poplate A2 and b2 as the manual referring, but then qcode 55 comes in.

Also qcode 55 comes approximately 1 day after reseating the RAM or cpu meaning the pc working for whole day just fine, then suddenly after restart or turn on after the system was shut down - qcode 55 comes in

make me believe its mb/bios issue related and not bent pins or something like that

yoel100 wrote:
i did tried to poplate A2 and b2 as the manual referring, but then qcode 55 comes in.

Also qcode 55 comes approximately 1 day after reseating the RAM or cpu meaning the pc working for whole day just fine, then suddenly after restart or turn on after the system was shut down - qcode 55 comes in

make me believe its mb/bios issue related and not bent pins or something like that

Hello,

This sounds a great deal like a mounting issue if it's intermittent. I would advise removing the motherboard from the enclosure and retesting if possible. Check for even mounting pressure and ensure any stand off screws are not overtorqued.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

This sounds a great deal like a mounting issue if it's intermittent. I would advise removing the motherboard from the enclosure and retesting if possible. Check for even mounting pressure and ensure any stand off screws are not overtorqued.

Tried as you suggested, still presist.
idk i think ill RMA the mb just need to verify that its indeed the mb and not the CPU