cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having black screen issues after latest Armoury updates?

gbrah
Level 7
Updated all my ASUS hardware, MOBO, GPU, DISPLAY through Armoury Crate and i'm now getting black screens when trying to launch games, i'm wondering if it's caused by these updates, i've spent a couple hours now going through other fixes, reverted my Nvidia drivers and it's still happening so I wanna know if anyone else is getting black screens on game launches (Call of Duty Warzone & Cold War, Ghostwire Tokyo). It doesn't happen with all games but yeah I can't see what else could be causing this.
3 REPLIES 3

RogScott
Level 12
Anything in Event Viewer that indicates a video driver crash?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott wrote:
Anything in Event Viewer that indicates a video driver crash?

k well i looked in event viewer and it's showing up some errors around the time i open up the game but then I also noticed that GPU Tweak 3 was producing some errors throughout the day (not during game crash time), so i just updated GPU Tweak 3 to the latest version and my game launches fine? weird how that'd affect the games all of a sudden but yeah so far so good

thanks for the event viewer tip, i wouldn't of found the fix without it, i keep forgetting to check there when i need to troubleshoot 😜

Good to hear you found it! Perhaps just some conflict between new drivers and old gputweak? Not impossible that updates to AC were also involved, it has it's hooks into everything LOL.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3