cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix B550-F audio puzzle

larryf58
Level 7
Hello,
I've got an issue that's making me batty. I'm working with a Strix B550-F, and if I install Windows clean, it has no problems at all. But I'm migrating to it from another computer and the software installation is too complicated for a clean install. So I imaged the old drive to the M.2 NVME I have on the Strix twice now. Each time, the audio drivers won't install. I'm including a picture of my device manager for reference. 93114

I've tried manually uninstalling every audio driver hidden in the DM after uninstalling audio from the control panel. I've tried the display driver uninstaller program. I've downloaded the board's chipset and audio drivers from Asus support. So far, nothing has worked.

I have an add-on audio card ordered just in case, but I'd rather get the on-board sound working. Since I'm out of ideas, I'm wondering if anyone else has run into the problem and might have found a solution. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

mcury
Level 10
I have that motherboard, everything is working.
Just installed the drivers from Asus support website.
It was working in Windows 10 and its working now in Windows 11.

https://rog.asus.com/br/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios

larryf58
Level 7
Yes. As I mentioned, if I perform a clean windows installation the sound drivers install automatically and without any problem. That's why this has me perplexed.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi larryf58,
It sounds like there is conflict with the imaged drive.
If it is working with clean windows installation, please reinstall OS and install the software you need manually.
Thank you.

larryf58
Level 7
As I mentioned in my OP, a clean reinstall just isn't practical. Thanks for replying anyway.
I got the add-on audio card I ordered and installed it. It's a Sound Blaster FX SB1570. I plugged it in, fired up the PC, and the drivers loaded in moments and I had sound. Why the onboard can't do that remains a mystery.