cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate User Session Helper

cmdr001
Level 7
Hello all,

So needing some help understanding here, what the hell is the User Session Helper.
I have a NAS and I realized that I was routinely, like multiple times an hour, having access done to one of the network shares.
I flipped Windows over to make sure that I didn't had anything native to it silently reaching those shares.

After getting no results I decide to start scanning the network traffic and processes and I realize that it's doing God knows what and trying to access those shares.

What the hell is this thing trying to do (including all those erroneous things on the folder where it was installed), what's its purpose, how do I kill it permanently via app, are there any consequences, or it's best I just ditch Armoury Crate out, and does Asus have any better RGB control software that I somehow missed!?

Thanks and appreciated for any hints.
3 REPLIES 3

Jimbo93
Level 12
I don't know all the answers but the one about: are there consequences if you kill something? The answer is yeah probably. I have done quite a bit of experimenting with this app. First rule is don't mess with AsusCertService or the asusgio drivers or the registry unless you are following a trusted instruction. The service and drivers I mentioned will screw the pooch if they don't startup and run correctly. As far as folder problems and the other session helpwer process I never had any issue specifically like that, but when Armoury Crate is malfunctioning I dont doubt that you would observe strangeness. AC does report some storage statistics on attached storage, I am not aware of it hunting down NAS units. Point I would make is that your installation is broken more than likely. Have you looked at my tips thread in this forum section? I also have an older thread that has some secret info, lol. I would suggest you start with that recent tips thread. I think my new tip about what happens with WMIADAP process after restart is very important, if that process runs a long time as I detail then windows and AC is not getting all the WMI info it needs, so check out the details in the tips thread and the links in there.

cmdr001 wrote:
Hello all,

So needing some help understanding here, what the hell is the User Session Helper.
I have a NAS and I realized that I was routinely, like multiple times an hour, having access done to one of the network shares.
I flipped Windows over to make sure that I didn't had anything native to it silently reaching those shares.

After getting no results I decide to start scanning the network traffic and processes and I realize that it's doing God knows what and trying to access those shares.

What the hell is this thing trying to do (including all those erroneous things on the folder where it was installed), what's its purpose, how do I kill it permanently via app, are there any consequences, or it's best I just ditch Armoury Crate out, and does Asus have any better RGB control software that I somehow missed!?

Thanks and appreciated for any hints.

vulcan78
Level 9
Why is this still a ****ing problem? Armoury Crate is closed, ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper remains open and is using 6% of 12900k. This is beyond ridiculous. I don't want to open Task Manager to kill this useless process every time I use Armoury Crate to turn on or off the RGB lighting. Just kill this useless process automatically when I close Armoury Crate. It isn't even doing anything for crying out loud, If I kill it in Task Manager there is no impact to fan speed nor RGB. So what is this stupid process? Telemetry? Now I know why everyone uninstalls Crate Armory.

Renaming ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper doesn't stop the process and trying to simply delete it presents with a "this is running" message even though it's not listed in Task Manager.

Crate Armoury uses 6% of 12900k and the additional process uses another 6% making for 12% of the CPU wasted.

Fix your garbage tier program please!

Andreaz
Level 9
They won't. Answer to all questions: Reinstall windows.