cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS XII EXTREME & Fan Ext board II

Tacyon
Level 7
So I've been running this combo now for two weeks and I'm finding FanXpert 4 frustrating at best.

1) the fan spin up and spin down settings reset at each reboot and at a less frequency randomly.
Why is this?
How do prevent it - write protect some x.ini ??

2) despite having well defined curves specified for each fan, as monitored by 2nd and 3rd monitoring apps .. they pretty much do as they please or two of the four obey and follow the curve while the other two go off on their own adventure.

3) QFan in BIOS ... and FanExpert in Windows .. who win's? Should one be disabled because they're both fighting over control of the universe? Do the magically play nicely together in the Asus playground ...

Please, inquiring minds are begging to know.
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

I've always opted for Q-FAN within the UEFI. Minimal system overhead, and allows me to control fan curves and select the temperature sources I need.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

My only concern with BIOS control is that I've already found myself in a game with temps raising past 50`C and Alt-Tab'd to the desktop - poke at Fan Expert 4 to get the fans working and cooling things down. That is a lot harder to do from BIOS.