cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Motherboard and ddr5 Corsair ram compability

Tsou88
Level 7
Hello to all the pc community.. I recently build my pc but the problem is that there are posts, videos and threads that made me confused about my ram compability.. my motherboard is rog z690 maximus extreme, ddr5 corsair dominator platinum 2x16 gb and 12th gen i9 cpu.. Gpu is 3090ti ordered a week ago and i believe i will have it in a few days.**
10 REPLIES 10

world
Hey Tsou88,

For memory compatibility, please check out the support page for your motherboard and check the memory support page
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-extreme-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

Hopefully this helps!

world wrote:
Hey Tsou88,

For memory compatibility, please check out the support page for your motherboard and check the memory support page
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-extreme-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

Hopefully this helps!

Rams part number is supported but does not have my rams speed. Is that a problem?

I see the part number and speed in the list -- you should be ok

world wrote:
I see the part number and speed in the list -- you should be ok

Well the part number is ok but the version of the ram and the speeds are not.. and on task manager show the clock speed at 4800mhz, on Hwinfo64 the speed is 2800mhz, armory crate speed is 4000mhz and on bios 4800mhz..i am really confused but also desperate!.

Tsou88 wrote:
Well the part number is ok but the version of the ram and the speeds are not.. and on task manager show the clock speed at 4800mhz, on Hwinfo64 the speed is 2800mhz, armory crate speed is 4000mhz and on bios 4800mhz..i am really confused but also desperate!.

Looks like you haven't enabled XMP in the BIOS (choose XMP1 as this is QVL'ed). Without enabling XMP, your RAM is running at its base rating of 4800MT/s.

Blai5e wrote:
Looks like you haven't enabled XMP in the BIOS (choose XMP1 as this is QVL'ed). Without enabling XMP, your RAM is running at its base rating of 4800MT/s.

I did enable the XMP 1 in the Bios but how do i know that is working fine and stable? all the tests and information shows different numbers. 😞

Tsou88 wrote:
I did enable the XMP 1 in the Bios but how do i know that is working fine and stable? all the tests and information shows different numbers. 😞

Some software halves the data rate. For instance if the memory kit's XMP profile is 5600MHz, often it can display as 2800MHz.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Some software halves the data rate. For instance if the memory kit's XMP profile is 5600MHz, often it can display as 2800MHz.

Thank you all for you time!! A lot of people told me the same that ram speed some softwares halve them. So the ram its compatible 100%.

world
If the part number is supported, your memory should be supported.

Could you share your part number and speed?