cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Z690/Code 99

nouxme
Level 7
Hey chat, I need help. Just finished movement from the NZXT case to the Lian Li case. And something went wrong. Here is the specs:

AIO - NZXT Kraken X63
Motherboard - Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO LGA 1700 ATX
CPU - Intel Core i9-12900K
GPU - Asus Rog Strix 3080
32GM RAM (Kingston)
2s M.2 harddrives
PSU 850 Seasonic

Simply put, I moved everything to a larger computer case. The first time I turned it on there was a problem with RAM detection, then I cleared CMOS (took the battery out), and the second turn on brought me to error code 99, literally I tried almost everything (used HDMI connection directly to the motherboard, disconnected keyboard, and mouse, disabled M.2, disabled Kraken) literally I see "Republic of Gamers" logo, and suggestion from the system to press the DEL or F2 keys. But at the same time, the computer does not react, looks like it doesn't see the keyboard, but at the same time keyboard is working on another PC.

Please, I seriously dunno what do...

Thanks In advance,
9 REPLIES 9

nouxme
Level 7
The PC was off all night, I came in the morning and turned it on, and the PC offered to restore the bios; I do not understand why this happens. I ended up restoring the default settings and logged in; after restarting the computer, I got the 7F error again on the motherboard; after swapping out the RAM, the computer went back to not working mode with error 99.

I ma not sure if it related to your problems but from my personal experience. Once I move my system to a new case . After migrated to new case and power up the system, it refused to boot. After further check I realised there is a extra screw raiser contact with the motherboard. Hope you are not the case.

Maybe you should remove it from the case and boot it outside the case see it able to boot.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
As above. As moving chassis is the only known change here, try removing the system from the enclosure and see if the problem persists.

Over-torqueing stand off screws or poor CPU mounting can cause this type of behaviour.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
As above. As moving chassis is the only known change here, try removing the system from the enclosure and see if the problem persists.

Over-torquing stand off screws or poor CPU mounting can cause this type of behaviour.

Thanks, guys, I tried to boot the PC outside from the case, but the problem is still the same, but for now, I only see the problem with 7F/30/etc (it's something about RAM failure), which is super weird. But if I'll clear the CMOS, it will boot, and I'll face BIOS settings, and after a reboot of PC, it will be again 7F, and after clearing of CMOS, again 99. I seriously confused hahaha

ahfoo
Level 13
Now I get more confused with your issue. Error 7F related to gpu card issue or with instrctional issue with the MB if I am not wrong.

ahfoo wrote:
Now I get more confused with your issue. Error 7F related to gpu card issue or with instrctional issue with the MB if I am not wrong.

and RAM as well...

ahfoo
Level 13
Make sure your GPU sit well and tested with single RAM (if you are running 16GB X 2.

Nate152
My experience with code 99 can be one of two things.

If you have display with code 99, it can be a usb device, enabling usb legacy may solve it.

If you have no display with code 99, it can be the gpu pcie power cables, monitor cable or monitor.

ahfoo
Level 13
I agreed with @Nan152. Try all posiibilities.