ROG Junior Member Array

Exclamation Maximus Z690/Code 99

Hey chat, I need help. Just finished movement from the NZXT case to the Lian Li case. And something went wrong. Here is the specs:

AIO - NZXT Kraken X63
    Motherboard - Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO LGA 1700 ATX
    CPU - Intel Core i9-12900K
    GPU - Asus Rog Strix 3080
    32GM RAM (Kingston)
    2s M.2 harddrives
    PSU 850 Seasonic

Simply put, I moved everything to a larger computer case. The first time I turned it on there was a problem with RAM detection, then I cleared CMOS (took the battery out), and the second turn on brought me to error code 99, literally I tried almost everything (used HDMI connection directly to the motherboard, disconnected keyboard, and mouse, disabled M.2, disabled Kraken) literally I see "Republic of Gamers" logo, and suggestion from the system to press the DEL or F2 keys. But at the same time, the computer does not react, looks like it doesn't see the keyboard, but at the same time keyboard is working on another PC.

Please, I seriously dunno what do...

Thanks In advance,

ROG Junior Member Array

The PC was off all night, I came in the morning and turned it on, and the PC offered to restore the bios; I do not understand why this happens. I ended up restoring the default settings and logged in; after restarting the computer, I got the 7F error again on the motherboard; after swapping out the RAM, the computer went back to not working mode with error 99.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

I ma not sure if it related to your problems but from my personal experience. Once I move my system to a new case . After migrated to new case and power up the system, it refused to boot. After further check I realised there is a extra screw raiser contact with the motherboard. Hope you are not the case.

Maybe you should remove it from the case and boot it outside the case see it able to boot.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

As above. As moving chassis is the only known change here, try removing the system from the enclosure and see if the problem persists.

Over-torqueing stand off screws or poor CPU mounting can cause this type of behaviour.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    As above. As moving chassis is the only known change here, try removing the system from the enclosure and see if the problem persists.

Over-torquing stand off screws or poor CPU mounting can cause this type of behaviour.

Thanks, guys, I tried to boot the PC outside from the case, but the problem is still the same, but for now, I only see the problem with 7F/30/etc (it's something about RAM failure), which is super weird. But if I'll clear the CMOS, it will boot, and I'll face BIOS settings, and after a reboot of PC, it will be again 7F, and after clearing of CMOS, again 99. I seriously confused hahaha

Now I get more confused with your issue. Error 7F related to gpu card issue or with instrctional issue with the MB if I am not wrong.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ahfoo View Post
    Now I get more confused with your issue. Error 7F related to gpu card issue or with instrctional issue with the MB if I am not wrong.
    and RAM as well...

Make sure your GPU sit well and tested with single RAM (if you are running 16GB X 2.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z - 3600MHz 16-16-16-36-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPCP&C Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard ROG Falchion NX / Strix Flare II
    Mouse ROG Chakram X/Chakram Core/Spatha X
    Headset ROG Delta S Animate
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism XL + ROG Scabbard II
    OS Windows 11 Home
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

My experience with code 99 can be one of two things.

If you have display with code 99, it can be a usb device, enabling usb legacy may solve it.

If you have no display with code 99, it can be the gpu pcie power cables, monitor cable or monitor.

I agreed with @Nan152. Try all posiibilities.