cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXE16000 now showing price with Notify option.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just noticed this and it has a price. There does not seem to be a guess as to when it will be available.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ROG-Republic-of-Gamers/filter?Spec=15953...
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
20 REPLIES 20

jzchen
Level 14
There's release firmware dated 5/27 on the support pages for it.

Amazon, Newegg, and B&H have it on their pages with preorder on B&H.....

For the GT-AXE11000 there's the GT-AX6000:

1 2.5 Gbps port vs 2 2.5 Gbps ports
1.8 GHz CPU vs 2.0 GHz CPU

For this GT-AXE16000 there's the RT-AX89X

2 10 Gbps ports vs 1 10 Gbps port + 1 SPF+ (10 Gbps fiber) (fair enough I personally have no need for fiber)

2 GB RAM vs 1 GB RAM

but

2.0 GHz CPU vs 2.2 GHz CPU

Specs tab is populated.

jzchen wrote:
For the GT-AXE11000 there's the GT-AX6000:

1 2.5 Gbps port vs 2 2.5 Gbps ports
1.8 GHz CPU vs 2.0 GHz CPU

For this GT-AXE16000 there's the RT-AX89X

2 10 Gbps ports vs 1 10 Gbps port + 1 SPF+ (10 Gbps fiber) (fair enough I personally have no need for fiber)

2 GB RAM vs 1 GB RAM

but

2.0 GHz CPU vs 2.2 GHz CPU

Specs tab is populated.

Everyone has to examine their own system and needs before purchasing a router. In my case, I am looking at the AXE16000 because it is a Quad radio device which I thought originally the AXE 11000 would have been. If I ever need backhaul, I can use one of the 5 GHz radios for that. A big requirement, for some folks, will be a fast WAN port for fiber and other types of 2.5-10 Gbps ISP speeds. I, like you do not need such speeds but I imagine someone with a bunch of kids around or a work from home situation, might.

Beyond that, the router needs to be dependable. In my case, both the AX11000 and AXE11000 have been very dependable with my normal configurations. I don't understand why other folks have such problems but only they can find out.

So far, no notification from ASUS or Newegg regarding availability.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

ahfoo
Level 13
Consumer behavior is the study of consumers and the processes they use to choose, use (consume), and dispose of products and services, including consumers’ emotional, mental, and behavioral responses.

End of the day, do you really need it? Or I may need it? And shall I followed it? That the question.

When I first got the AXE11000 I was immediately faced with the 1 G WAN port vs 2.5 G WAN/LAN port. I tried to ask ASUS support but ended up trying both of them. At that time my ISP just bumped up our service to 1 G downstream. I tried the blue WAN port first and speed capped at 975 Mbps per internet speed test supplied by ASUS firmware. When I switched to using the 2.5 G port it bumped up close to 100 Mbps at 10xx Mbps. (I forget the last two digits now). So I'm always wondering if the WAN port is slowing me down some. This router would help me alleviate that worry, or the AX6000 with it's dual 2.5 G ports since I upgraded to 2.5 G Ethernet backhaul. As I know you can use the 6 GHz band as backhaul. The AXE11000 defaulted it to both backhaul and fronthaul. I have 0 6E devices and 0 6E nodes so 6 GHz is really just sitting there waiting to be utilized. Interestingly our new to us Lyra Voice has 5-1 and 5-2, so part of the house has it, but as noted I also realized eventually that the 11000 being tri-band does not have a 5-2 channel. They are definitely too far from each other anyways plus Ethernet backhaul is stable...

Is there a secondary market I could possibly sell the AXE11000 maybe my hope to keep the wife from getting angry then I could look at the AXE16000 more seriously? Or maybe ASUS can possibly start a trade-in program....

Saltgrass
Level 13
Actually, I went with the AXE11000 because I wanted Wi-Fi 6e and can use it. But only my two gaming systems with Win 11 can use it. I suppose the backhaul can use it but on Win 10 it showed as an open network because there was no a way to secure it.

There are probably several places you could sell it, but I am not familiar.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Just got notified by Newegg. Possible arrival Monday so that is nice.

I was also able to finally find some Intel AX411 Wi-Fi 6e cards which will work with the new router.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Capital One Shopping has a 10% back rewards offer for B&H purchases of this router if you're interested....

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just received it about an hour ago. Up and running and the Wi-Fi setup was very easy. I had written down all my SSIDs so I would not mis-type them. I turned on the IPv6 option and set it up.

I think I have enough radios now to hold me for a while.. Now where did I put that 10 Gbps ISP connection? 😉

The Intel AX411 network adapter is giving me so problems right now so I may have to try a AX211 which has an ASUS supplied driver for the Z490 board.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200