ProcessorIntel i7 6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2666C16
    Graphics Card #1Msi GTX 1080 Gaming X
    MonitorVizio E43 F1 4K HDR 60hz 444
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo M.2 250gb
    Storage #2Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 2tb
    CPU CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850 (Seasonic KM3)
    Keyboard iKBC F87 RGB (MX Cherry brown)
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 110
    Headset Steel Series Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Steel Series QcK Mini
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64
    Accessory #1 Logitech F710 Gamepad

memtest86+ on ASUS B660-A ROG Strix

Specs:
    i7 12700 (non k)
    ASUS B660-A ROG Strix
    Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M2E3200 (not on qvl list, but close in specs to other models that are) [16-18-18-38 1.35 xmp]
    Seasonic Focus Gold 750
    Crucial P5 2tb Gen 4 nvme
    Deepcool AK620
    Deepcool CK560 Case
    no discrete gfx at the moment, using onboard
    Windows not installed yet, just running the latest version of memtest86+ from a usb 3.0 flash drive

When I first tried to run memtest, after turning the monitor off and returning 6 hours later, I could never get a picture again. Tried different cables and unplugging the monitor's power cable for a few seconds and even tried a different monitor and could never get a picture. Not sure why, but powered off and started over at that point. For the second attempt i just left the monitor on because it's a va panel and I wasn't worried about burn in. After over 8 hours, it finally got an error so i returend the ram for another kit of the same. Are there any bios settings I should be aware of for this chipset, ram and 12th gen cpu combo? I synced all cores on p and e cores this time so with the replacement kit I just got, I now have memtest running like that, everything synced. Thanks in advance for any help.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

One thing to keep in mind is that even though models may advertise similar specs they may have totally different chips which can behave quite differently on a specific motherboard and CPU combo. So hopefully this new kit will be a better sample but since it's not on the QVL there's a chance no kit of this model will run at rated speeds without hand tuning.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaded Glove View Post
    Specs:
    i7 12700 (non k)
    ASUS B660-A ROG Strix
    Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M2E3200 (not on qvl list, but close in specs to other models that are) [16-18-18-38 1.35 xmp]
    Seasonic Focus Gold 750
    Crucial P5 2tb Gen 4 nvme
    Deepcool AK620
    Deepcool CK560 Case
    no discrete gfx at the moment, using onboard
    Windows not installed yet, just running the latest version of memtest86+ from a usb 3.0 flash drive

When I first tried to run memtest, after turning the monitor off and returning 6 hours later, I could never get a picture again. Tried different cables and unplugging the monitor's power cable for a few seconds and even tried a different monitor and could never get a picture. Not sure why, but powered off and started over at that point. For the second attempt i just left the monitor on because it's a va panel and I wasn't worried about burn in. After over 8 hours, it finally got an error so i returend the ram for another kit of the same. Are there any bios settings I should be aware of for this chipset, ram and 12th gen cpu combo? I synced all cores on p and e cores this time so with the replacement kit I just got, I now have memtest running like that, everything synced. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Almost 8 hour of testing is fairly stable. Memtest86 is slow at catching errors. Use Karhu Ramtest or TM5.

That instability could have been dialled out quite easily by tuning the associated voltages. QVL or not, neither assures plug and play.