cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with armoury crate

Coldy
Level 7
First of, Hello all

Now i have no idea if this fits in here but feel free to move t where it belongs.

Ive been having the following issue ever since windows install (windows 11 64bit home)
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11.‎5.‎2022.
OS build 22000.675
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0

Armoury crate keeps haing faulting errors in event viewer:

Faulting application name: ArmouryAudioAgent.exe, version: 1.0.0.8, time stamp: 0x625398d8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.675, time stamp: 0x55e50a16
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0013f162
Faulting process ID: 0x4428
Faulting application start time: 0x01d86d732a9dc392
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\AudioSDK\AudioAgent\ArmouryAudioAgent.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: db9cd4e9-4708-4331-8791-cbd9e80e06d2

Anyone familliar with this, supposingly it causes blue screens for my pc.
21 REPLIES 21

Nate152
Hi Coldy

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Try uninstalling Armoury Crate with the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center.

Select your operating system then click Show all, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, Install Armoury Crate and see if the problem disappeared.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Coldy

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Try uninstalling Armoury Crate with the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center.

Select your operating system then click Show all, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, Install Armoury Crate and see if the problem disappeared.

The software itself is buggy so how can reinstalling it help anything..

You cannot even completely remove it from your PC without reinstalling it..

I will leave this right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a6xAsaip4c&ab_channel=RPMDesigns

Plz, fire your software "engineers" and spend some more on R&D instead of advertisements.

Please refrain from posting rants. If you have an issue, proceed to the thread below. So far I have not received a form submission from you.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128618-Armoury-Crate-v5-1-5-0-Aura-Creator-v3-3-4-Report-h...

Armoury Crate can be uninstalled if you like by using our uninstall tool, and you are in no way 'forced' to install Armoury Crate.

Hurricane28 wrote:
The software itself is buggy so how can reinstalling it help anything..

You cannot even completely remove it from your PC without reinstalling it..

I will leave this right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a6xAsaip4c&ab_channel=RPMDesigns

Plz, fire your software "engineers" and spend some more on R&D instead of advertisements.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Please refrain from posting rants. If you have an issue, proceed to the thread below. So far I have not received a form submission from you.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128618-Armoury-Crate-v5-1-5-0-Aura-Creator-v3-3-4-Report-h...

Armoury Crate can be uninstalled if you like by using our uninstall tool, and you are in no way 'forced' to install Armoury Crate.

Of course i will not fill in an submission form as that is not the way to solve this problem..

You guys over at ROG know perfectly well what the problem with this program and EC sensor is but instead of fixing it you try to give people a reach around in the hope they simply give up and leave it as it is. These practices never lead to anything good, i seen manufacturers lose significant market share as an result.

I really hope ROG picks up and listens to their customers but i highly doubt that as these problems are here for years now and you keep using the erratic EC sensor...

Some people don't even know why their system is unstable/laggy and are very happy i pont out what the problem is and how to solve it and in most cases it did solve it by not installing this piece of crap software.

I am here to make people aware of all this ROG madness and prevent people from buying/selling ROG motherboards from now on until you come to your senses and realize you actually have to fix it.

You also did not even answer my DM about this matter nor about the problem i still have on this forum, so why should i file an submission form...

Hurricane28 wrote:
Of course i will not fill in an submission form as that is not the way to solve this problem..

You guys over at ROG know perfectly well what the problem with this program and EC sensor is but instead of fixing it you try to give people a reach around in the hope they simply give up and leave it as it is. These practices never lead to anything good, i seen manufacturers lose significant market share as an result.

I really hope ROG picks up and listens to their customers but i highly doubt that as these problems are here for years now and you keep using the erratic EC sensor...

Some people don't even know why their system is unstable/laggy and are very happy i pont out what the problem is and how to solve it and in most cases it did solve it by not installing this piece of crap software.

I am here to make people aware of all this ROG madness and prevent people from buying/selling ROG motherboards from now on until you come to your senses and realize you actually have to fix it.

You also did not even answer my DM about this matter nor about the problem i still have on this forum, so why should i file an submission form...

I agree with this man, sep 2022 manufactured strix G15 i bought , full of issues and buggy softwares , mediatex wifi issues still not resolved, i have been using LAN network till now, and armory crate popup every single second showing GPU used by some application when i opened armory crazt no application running. what is tis ? what you guys doing?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi There,

Looks like there's a newer OS Build: 22000.708
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.708.0

Coldy wrote:
First of, Hello all

Now i have no idea if this fits in here but feel free to move t where it belongs.

Ive been having the following issue ever since windows install (windows 11 64bit home)
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.675
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0

Armoury crate keeps haing faulting errors in event viewer:

Faulting application name: ArmouryAudioAgent.exe, version: 1.0.0.8, time stamp: 0x625398d8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.675, time stamp: 0x55e50a16
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0013f162
Faulting process ID: 0x4428
Faulting application start time: 0x01d86d732a9dc392
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\AudioSDK\AudioAgent\ArmouryAudioAgent.exe
Report ID: db9cd4e9-4708-4331-8791-cbd9e80e06d2

Anyone familliar with this, supposingly it causes blue screens for my pc.

Ok after completly removing the armoury crate, using uninstall tool to remove any traces, restarting pc 2 times just so.., im still having this same exact error

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.708, time stamp: 0x8792334c
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0013f192
Faulting process id: 0x498c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d879bcb13b4f28
Report Id: 57f90370-6273-4193-980f-ac95cfc0e957
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This error comes mostly twice in row in few seconds within each other

Also ive noticed a new error which i havent seen before:

Application: ArmouryAudioAgent.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 76CBF192
Stack:
at ArmouryAudioAgent.MessageReceiver.DefWindowProcW(IntPtr, UInt32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at ArmouryAudioAgent.MessageReceiver.CustomWndProc(IntPtr, UInt32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Also windows is up to date as can be seen from following:
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.708
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.708.0

I would like a further investigation on the issue.
Thank you.

Nate152
Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

If uninstalling Armoury Crate with the uninstall tool and reinstalling didn't fix it, the only other thing I know to do is a fresh windows reinstall.

It looks to be an issue with the Audio Agent.

Before reinstalling windows, list your pc specs and all peripherals connected. I'm wondering if there could possibly be a device conflicting with Armoury Crate.

For good measure, you could run the system file checker by opening command prompt as an administrator and type in sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Put a space between c and /

Hello again,

Windows was freshly installed on 11th May 2022 which is almost a month ago.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 3950x
X570 E-gaming
G.skil tridentz 3200 mhz rgb 2x 16gb kit
RTX 3090 Strix
Lian Li PC-O11D Razer Edition Midi-Tower
Lian Li GALAHAD 360 SL V2
Lian Li UNI FAN SL120 RGB PWM Fans
External portable 4TB hard drive
Logitech g510 keyboard (old but gold, will not replace untill it dies)
Razer Basilisk v3 mouse
49" Acer EI491CR Pbmiiipx (extra wide)

Its tinkering with my head already, i have had always issues with armoury crate and there were always errors.