Grupper88
Level 7
System specs CPUz (pic1)
Health checker (pic2)
MSINFO (pic3)

Here are the steps I took to qualify for free Windows 11 from Windows 10

Step 1: Download PC Health Check from Windows website
Step 2: First upgrade the Bios with EZ-Updater from the Armory toolset
Step 3: Set bios to TPM 2.0 using the bios search page top center.
Step 4: Set bios UEFI to windows or other ( different forums tell use one or the other ) using the bios search page top center.

reboot should work but 😞

Secure boot unsupported any ideas
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi Grupper88

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Are you able to change the Secure Boot setting to "Other OS"?

This works for me on my older ROG Maximus IX Code.

Yes I can change to "OTHER" in bios settings ....let me try

Nate152

Ok I changed to "other" booted just fine

Still the same results on PC HEALTH CHECK

here is what Microsoft says:

To change these settings, you will need to switch the PC boot mode from one enabled as “Legacy� BIOS (also known as “CSM� Mode) to UEFI/BIOS (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface). In some cases, there are options to enable both UEFI and Legacy/CSM. If so, you will need to choose for UEFI to be the first or only option. If you are unsure how to make any necessary changes to enable the UEFI/BIOS, we recommend that you check your PC manufacturer’s support information on their website. Here are a few links to information from some PC manufacturers to help get you started:

When I change the CMS mode to UEFI the motherboard does not recognize any Hard Drives 🙂

Humm any more ideas

Saltgrass
Level 13
Using "Other OS" is not for Windows 11. You need the TPM 2.0 (PTT) and Windows chosen as the OS and the CSM needs to be disabled.

The drive has to be configured correctly with the UEFI install. If you have that then you should see a EFI System partition in Disk Management.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

The boot drive should be formatted with GPT, not MBR.

OK Thank-You for your help

It seems I need to reformat my HD to a diff format so I will take on this project at a later date..... Cheers