Hybrid View

ROG Member Array

3070 TI Strix Red Light

Hello. I purchased a 3070 TI Strix last year. The problem was the red light was blinking which I found out it means there isn't enough power. So, I took out my 650W PSU which was actually pretty bad and cheap and I bought a new one, a 850W XPG Core Reactor which is a good PSU, tier A on Johnny Guru's list. The red light went away, all good. But now after so many months it started to blink again. What's wrong ? Obviously it's not a PSU thing anymore, I could power 3 3070ti's with 850W. And just like a side thing, the middle fan was making some noises from day 1, after 3-4 months it stopped spinning at all sometimes, sometimes it comes back to life and spins, sometimes it works ok but when the fan speed is low it makes very bad noises and the spin can be seen that it's not normal. I can upload a video if needed. Thank you.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

It may appear to me the capacitor giving wrong voltage instruction to the card. If this happen, try turn off the system and unplug the the power cord from the psu for a while and re-insert the power cord. By the way do you Asus GPU tweak installed? Try turning off the power detector setting or uninstall it., It may help.
    Last edited by ahfoo; 05-28-2022 at 05:25 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ahfoo View Post
    It may appear to me the capacitor giving wrong voltage instruction to the card. If this happen, try turn off the system and unplug the the power cord from the psu for a while and re-insert the power cord. By the way do you Asus GPU tweak installed? Try turning off the power detector setting or uninstall it., It may help.
    Yes, unplugging the power cord fixes it but after 2-3 days the red flashing starts again. I don't have and never had Asus Gpu Tweak installed. I'm wondering if the gpu isn't getting somehow enough power(although that's impossible with a brand new 850w PSU), or the gpu is faulty or if that red light flashing is just a bug and everything is ok.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

Try switching the 3070Ti bios switch to Quite mode and try it out.