cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 3090 died??

Koozwad
Level 7
Hello, I turned my PC on monday morning and there was no signal on the monitor. I thought it might be something like a loose cable so I turned everything off(unplugged power of course as well), took out HDMI cable and put it in again. Still no signal. Tried DisplayPort... same thing. The LED strip on the card lights up but nothing else seems to happen. The PC itself is running fine and starts up properly. Swapped the STRIX 3090 for an old 660 Ti(also ASUS) and that card works flawlessly despite being very old from 2012.

I have been building PCs for ~22 years now and never had a part 'die' on me, let alone an expensive and high-end product such as the ASUS ROG STRIX 3090 OC. I had originally purchased it 24-12-20 and it now seems to have died 30-05-22. Prior to its 'death' I had other issues as well such as (loud)coil whine and (loud)fan rattling at certain high(er) fan speeds. This is simply unacceptable. GPU temperatures in my case don't exceed 72. No daisy chaining going on either and never increased the voltage. Using a Corsair AX850 which has been able to handle the card perfectly.

I have carefully gotten rid of any dust(there was almost none to begin with), reconnected the PCIE cables, reseated the card, used different HDMI ports etc but the card just seems dead. The little LEDs by the power connectors(on the card) are not lighting up/blinking either, so no way to diagnose that way.

Can someone please help me with this issue? Before I RMA it maybe some of you have another thing to try.
3 REPLIES 3

ahfoo
Level 13
Any red LED appear on the card? Turn off your system. Turn off your PSU switch, unplug the power plug from PSU. Removed your card from system slot and and re insert it back again firmly. Plug back your power cord back to your PSU, and turn on the PSU swtich. Boot it up and observed if problems goes away.

ahfoo wrote:
Any red LED appear on the card? Turn off your system. Turn off your PSU switch, unplug the power plug from PSU. Removed your card from system slot and and re insert it back again firmly. Plug back your power cord back to your PSU, and turn on the PSU swtich. Boot it up and observed if problems goes away.
Hey there thanks for the reply.

No red LEDs. Either they are not working or they are not detecting anything. As for the other steps you mentioned I have done exactly those steps(as I always do) without any change in the situation.

ahfoo
Level 13
Slide your GPU bios switch to quite mode and observed any better.