Did you mean: 

Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 new bios Version 1504 dated 2022/06/02

ahfoo
Level 13
Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 new bios dated 2022/06/02
Version 1504

"1. Improve DRAM stability
2. Add Wi-Fi 6 connection support in Ukraine and Russia."

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4-ASUS-1504.zip
25 REPLIES 25

ahfoo
Level 13
I hope in future Asus can elaborate more about " Improve DRAM stability".

ahfoo wrote:
I hope in future Asus can elaborate more about " Improve DRAM stability".

DRAM stability notes are vague because majority of the redefined settings aren't easily understood or do not always corelate to improvements depending on the users predicament and hardware. Majority of users (not excluding myself) do not even fully understand timing laws, least of all anything deeper! 😄

it makes far more sense to translate these changes by notifying the user that stability may improve.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
DRAM stability notes are vague because majority of the redefined settings aren't easily understood or do not always corelate to improvements depending on the users predicament and hardware. Majority of users (not excluding myself) do not even fully understand timing laws, least of all anything deeper! 😄

it makes far more sense to translate these changes by notifying the user that stability may improve.

@Silent Scone@ROG, thank you for the explaination.

trihy
Level 9
Hope they fixed more than that. Lets see how it goes. But expectations are low.

anyone flashed this bios? any good changes?

ahfoo
Level 13
I am not sure about others here, but it did solved a tiny problems with my Corsair 7000D power button LED light now able to light up. I am not sure if this latest version did actually help as the previous version of bios cut if off. If you ask me I am not really sure if it really help, but it did happend to me. Other that that I did not find any negative effect for the past 24 hours but but I am still facing the same issue with;

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129120-TUF-Z690-Plus-D4-and-Corsair-RAM-question

Just hope it has nothing to do with the mobo.

Good day.

Asus z690 G here with ddr5 kingston (from qvl manual) 6000mhz 2x8gb and 12600k.
With 1505 bios not booting as always with XMP I or XMP II.Same things like 1304.
I need to run without xmp(4800mhz)all auto to have some stability in games and apps.Its ridiculous.I tried everything
No hope..

Running a strix d4 with f4-4000c16d-32gtrsa (2x16gb) ram which is a very similar board and cannot stabilize it with this bios. Errors out on random cpus on the 2nd to 3rd mem test run which is my baseline test before booting in to OS. Never made it with this one and I tried everything.

bscool
Level 11
z690 Strix d4

Edit sorry I thought this was for the Strix, noticed OP was asking about Tuf.

Unless you have a KS I would stay on 901 if you are running DR b die(2x16) and are into memory OC. I have tested all the bios extensively and 1504 is one of the best for booting high clocks with DR b die but 901 is still better for actual stability for me. I am talking running 4133 to 4266 with DR which take a top IMC.

I havent tested SR or 4x8 in a long time so no idea how 1504 is for those.

I use manul setting for cpu clocks and voltages so no idea how they work when left on auto or Ai OC as in past testing they are not very good for best temps and stability.