Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO Bios NEW 1505 2022/06/02

VSSV
Level 7
Version 1505
2022/06/02

ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO BIOS 1505
1. Improve DRAM stability

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (MZ690H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
50 REPLIES 50

AwenMilano
Level 10
feel the improve, no bsod anymore in xmp I and II
but still cant reach a perfection.. play game still random crash to desktop
but more longer than before.
i use g.skill 6000mhz

thinking to get other brand now, getting tired waiting

Z690 G DDR5 2x8 kingston 6000mhz QVL list
And I can't still use the xmp II with 1505 bios.
My pc not posting at xmp II 6000mhz and my 12600k it's completely stock.
By the way with XMP II at 5600mhz my pc posting but I want to have the frequency that i paid to use.
Any suggestions guys what to do??

Babtista wrote:
Z690 G DDR5 2x8 kingston 6000mhz QVL list
And I can't still use the xmp II with 1505 bios.
My pc not posting at xmp II 6000mhz and my 12600k it's completely stock.
By the way with XMP II at 5600mhz my pc posting but I want to have the frequency that i paid to use.
Any suggestions guys what to do??

how about xmp I ? it working?

No i need to change the dram voltage to boot either with XMP I from 1,35v to 1,40v.
But if i do this my pc boot and i can pass also memetest.
If i left everything on auto with xmp I my pc trying to boot without success.With xmp II at 5600mhz all auto without touching nothing on dram voltage like i said i can boot,passing memory test but stiil crashing on some games and freezing like happen with previous bios 1304.I try to avoid freezing to change the C STATE,INTEL SPEED STEP TECHNOLOGY, AND SPEED SHIFT TECHNOLOGY from on to off and the opposite but the issue with ram remains regardless the settings.
It's possible that I need to RMA my ram ??
I can boot xmp II 5600mhz Cl 40 but not on 6000mhz that it's stock speed of my ram.
What happen here i don't know really..im confused

Nate152
Hi Babtista,

In most cases with unstable high speed ram, it's the cpu's memory controller that is having trouble.

First thing to do is update to the latest bios for your motherboard and test if 6000MT/s is stable.

If it's still unstable, you can try raising some voltages to see if your ram will stabilize.

Dram voltage 1.40v
VCCSA voltage - Try at 1.25v and up to 1.35v if needed.
VDD voltage - 1.25v
VDDQ voltage - 1.25v

Any beter with these settings?

I have this same kingston memory (2x8GB 6000MT/s) but have not used it yet, it uses hynix modules which seems to work best with DDR5.

Hello,i tried all the bios from day release of the z690 one by one and i cant post with XMP I or XMP II with the stock frequency that i paid to have...By the wy my PC posting with the latest bios 1505 and XMP II at 5600mhz (not the stock 6000mhz)without touching absolutelly nothing.Just clicking XMP II after F10 save and exit and run succesfully memory test 2 times.So...in the beggining i was happy and i try to play a game finally with hope to not receive any crash but i AGAIN i receive crash either with XMP II 5600 mhz.About your question i will like to say that i already try to change the below settings.

DRAM VDD VOLTAGE from 1,35v (stock at 6000mhz)to 1,40v
DRAM VDDQ VOLTAGE from 1,35v (stock at 600mhz)to 1,40v
IVR TRANSMITTER VDDQ VOLTAGE 1,40v(i dont know the stock volt at 6000mhz it was empty)
MEMORY CONTROLLER VOLTAGE from 1,30v (stock at 6000mhz)to 1,35v

With the above settings and choosing XMP I or XMP II i can post with 1304 and with 1505 bios and i can pass also memory test without any issue BUT ONLY IF I CHOOSE XMP I or XMP II....But...IM STILL CRASHING IN ANY GAME and believe me its not my GPU or something else because my GPU(RTX 3080 STRIX OC-with 3 separate 3x8 pin PCIE)it pass 2 hours fur mark and i tested also in another PC without any issue!im using also PSU v850 sfx coolermaster brand new!

My 12600k run at stocks and i tried ANY SETTINGS about MCE on/off/auto,C STATE on/off,EIST on/off and INTEL SHIFT SPEED TECHNOLOGY on/off in every every settings that im choosing its doesnt matter im getting bsod,freeze or crash on desktop in any game after a while like 1 hour or 30 min or 3 hours im getting CRASH.

My blue screen viewer always show that address of crash:

ntoskrnl.exe+3f7d60

i can send you also all the mini dump file!

Please guys someone with experience to help me I'm frustrated and have lost my sleep really!
what else to do??
Thank you!

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Babtista,

In most cases with unstable high speed ram, it's the cpu's memory controller that is having trouble.

First thing to do is update to the latest bios for your motherboard and test if 6000MT/s is stable.

If it's still unstable, you can try raising some voltages to see if your ram will stabilize.

Dram voltage 1.40v
VCCSA voltage - Try at 1.25v and up to 1.35v if needed.
VDD voltage - 1.25v
VDDQ voltage - 1.25v

Any beter with these settings?

I have this same kingston memory (2x8GB 6000MT/s) but have not used it yet, it uses hynix modules which seems to work best with DDR5.

Hello,i tried all the bios from day release of the z690 one by one and i cant post with XMP I or XMP II with the stock frequency that i paid to have...By the wy my PC posting with the latest bios 1505 and XMP II at 5600mhz (not the stock 6000mhz)without touching absolutelly nothing.Just clicking XMP II after F10 save and exit and run succesfully memory test 2 times.So...in the beggining i was happy and i try to play a game finally with hope to not receive any crash but i AGAIN i receive crash either with XMP II 5600 mhz.About your question i will like to say that i already try to change the below settings.

DRAM VDD VOLTAGE from 1,35v (stock at 6000mhz)to 1,40v
DRAM VDDQ VOLTAGE from 1,35v (stock at 600mhz)to 1,40v
IVR TRANSMITTER VDDQ VOLTAGE 1,40v(i dont know the stock volt at 6000mhz it was empty)
MEMORY CONTROLLER VOLTAGE from 1,30v (stock at 6000mhz)to 1,35v

With the above settings and choosing XMP I or XMP II i can post with 1304 and with 1505 bios and i can pass also memory test without any issue BUT ONLY IF I CHOOSE XMP I or XMP II....But...IM STILL CRASHING IN ANY GAME and believe me its not my GPU or something else because my GPU(RTX 3080 STRIX OC-with 3 separate 3x8 pin PCIE)it pass 2 hours fur mark and i tested also in another PC without any issue!im using also PSU v850 sfx coolermaster brand new!

My 12600k run at stocks and i tried ANY SETTINGS about MCE on/off/auto,C STATE on/off,EIST on/off and INTEL SHIFT SPEED TECHNOLOGY on/off in every every settings that im choosing its doesnt matter im getting bsod,freeze or crash on desktop in any game after a while like 1 hour or 30 min or 3 hours im getting CRASH.

My blue screen viewer always show that address of crash:

ntoskrnl.exe+3f7d60

i can send you also all the mini dump file!

Please guys someone with experience to help me I'm frustrated and have lost my sleep really!
what else to do??
Thank you!

Braegnok
Level 14
I just updated MZ690A from 1302 BIOS to latest version 1505.

Running XMP 1 with G.SKILL 6400 kit,.. everything is stable.

Apex system was fully stable with 1302 BIOS with 6400MHz kit in XMP 1,.. so no change with this memory kit.

Corsair Dominator Platinum 6600MHz kit arriving on Monday, I will test XMP 1 6600MHz on Apex,.. see what shakes out.

Edit:

Corsair CMT32GX5M2X6600C32 kit arrived, good to go on Apex in XMP 1.

Beta BIOS 1503 with AVX-512.

Braegnok wrote:
I just updated MZ690A from 1302 BIOS to latest version 1505.

Running XMP 1 with G.SKILL 6400 kit,.. everything is stable.

Apex system was fully stable with 1302 BIOS with 6400MHz kit in XMP 1,.. so no change with this memory kit.

Corsair Dominator Platinum 6600MHz kit arriving on Monday, I will test XMP 1 6600MHz on Apex,.. see what shakes out.

I bought the 6600MHz kit for my Z690-I STRIX system, I know the ITX system will run 6600MHz with manually tuned 6000MHz kit,.. should be no issues for STRIX to run 6600MHz in XMP, I'm hoping for 7200MHz stable with this kit.

Nice!you are using windows 11 or windows 10?
You try to play a game a few hours or days without crash,freeze,bsod at those settings?
C STATE,MCE,INTEL SPEED STEP is on or off?
Thank you!