ROG Member Array

Z690 Motherboard Fail after Armory Crate Update

Not sure where best to start this. 2 June Armory Crate informed me there were 2 app updates. I installed them and restarted PC. AI Suite III failed. Uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted to a blank screen. Unable to get into BIOS - totally blank screen. Moved HDMI from RTX3060 card to motherboard. Still blank. Tried Displayport to different monitor. Blank. Removed graphics card and tried motherboard video outputs. Still can't get into UEFI BIOS. Reset CMOS, removed battery, swapped RAM, removed SSD. Dead. All fans spin up happily but absolutely no video. Anyone else have this issue? Have returned the motherboard for supplier to investigate so now without the PC for 7 days+. Very frustrating. Mobo was Prime Z690-P Wifi D4 . Never had an ASUS motherboard totally bricked before.
    Last edited by Astroturf; 06-04-2022 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Additional info

ROG Enthusiast Array DragDay7 PC Specs
    DragDay7 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z690-A PRIME DDR5
    ProcessorIntel i7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x16GB 5600MHz CL36
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 Trio X
    MonitorHuawei MateView GT 34, Acer V247Y
    Storage #1Plextor PX-1TM10PGN
    CPU CoolerCustom EK Water Cooling
    CaseCorsair 5000D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 750
    Keyboard SteelSeries APEX 7
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Shure SRH 440
    Mouse Pad DreamMachines
    OS Windows 11
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2

How long have you waited on blank screen? It can have a hiccup and take a minute or two before it gets into boot screen. Also, do you have a speaker connected to FP header? You can try figure out what's wrong by listening how many beeps it make.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DragDay7 View Post
    How long have you waited on blank screen? It can have a hiccup and take a minute or two before it gets into boot screen. Also, do you have a speaker connected to FP header? You can try figure out what's wrong by listening how many beeps it make.
    Good ideas. I had speaker connected and there was no sound at all. Let it run for about 2 minutes and there was not even a screen flicker. I got worried that I was cooking the CPU so didn't let it run longer than that.

ROG Member Array

Update: Supplier provided a refund as tested non-functional. Good that ASUS provided refund. Have now obtained ROG Strix Z690 Wifi D board, but my original RAM doesn't work. Thought it was on the QVL but although it worked with PRIME no good for STRIX, which is disappointing. New boards seem to be very fussy

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Astroturf View Post
    Good ideas. I had speaker connected and there was no sound at all. Let it run for about 2 minutes and there was not even a screen flicker. I got worried that I was cooking the CPU so didn't let it run longer than that.
    Speaker didn't work on my board at first, Different board. Had to switch it on in the Bios. Can't remember where or what it was called though, sorry, but atleast you should be able to get it to work in the replacement board

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Intel NUC laptop LAPQC71D
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD 5800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAORUS FV43U
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseBeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare II Animate
    Mouse ROG Chakram X
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906 5.1
    Network RouterpfSense/OPNsense

Update: Supplier provided a refund as tested non-functional. Good that ASUS provided refund. Have now obtained ROG Strix Z690 Wifi D board, but my original RAM doesn't work. Thought it was on the QVL but although it worked with PRIME no good for STRIX, which is disappointing. New boards seem to be very fussy
    Can you run the RAM at a lower speed or even just one stick so you can get the machine running until you can acquire another kit? Sucks to have a paper weight because of memory compatibility.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Can you run the RAM at a lower speed or even just one stick so you can get the machine running until you can acquire another kit? Sucks to have a paper weight because of memory compatibility.
    Sucks alright. Tried one stick, different channels, different sticks. No good. Amber light before getting to finish POST. Manufacturer didn't understand the problem as they asked for dumps from within Windows Let them know that I cannot get into UEFI let alone Windows. Supplier is letting me return RAM for them to test. Hopefully a refund or credit on QVL RAM. Still the process is a pain!

ROG Enthusiast Array DragDay7 PC Specs
    DragDay7 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z690-A PRIME DDR5
    ProcessorIntel i7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x16GB 5600MHz CL36
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 Trio X
    MonitorHuawei MateView GT 34, Acer V247Y
    Storage #1Plextor PX-1TM10PGN
    CPU CoolerCustom EK Water Cooling
    CaseCorsair 5000D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 750
    Keyboard SteelSeries APEX 7
    Mouse Logitech G403
    Headset Shure SRH 440
    Mouse Pad DreamMachines
    OS Windows 11
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2

Manufacturer didn't understand the problem as they asked for dumps from within Windows
    xDDDDD

This is getting out of control Asus.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DragDay7 View Post
    xDDDDD

This is getting out of control Asus.
    TBH It was a Team T-Force recommendation. Yet to hear back from them but they usually respond within 6 -8 hours.