cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty problems! RTX 2080 SUPER Strix

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
Hellow guyz! Im having some issues with my 2080s, i called asus and they said that my warranty its 1 year, wtf? Into the videocard box it CLEAR says 3 years , how to deal with it?
16 REPLIES 16

420Assassin
Level 9
Check warranty status here..
https://www.asus.com/us/support/warranty-status-inquiry/

Asus is usually really good about warranty

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
I tried that already, 4 or 5 days ago,when i placed my SN on that webpage,it said that my card still have Warranty,now after talk with asus support ,if i place my SN,it says to contact Asus to know about my warranty,so they disabled it for me!!!
Im currently at work in Japan,and i bough that card here, when i got that gpu,i was secure becouse in the box it says 3 Years Limited Warranty, and theres another Local warranty managed by Tekwind, but the warranty from tekwind its only 1 year....so i tried to activate the second warranty direct from asus but they refuses to help me,they said that i have only a Tekwind warranty,and i dont have Asus 3 years warranty ...
Also that tekwind its kinda scam, they asked me to send my gpu to repair,and will be charged same amount of money of a new one !
its not my fault, the gpu started have problems 2 weeks ago while im playing games,it goes to 80 or 81c really quick, and looks like gpu tweak dont shows me the real temps after 81c idk, so when playing games its all the time 81c and some times the fans runs arround 3000rpm for a few seconds then come back to normal arround 1500 rpm, i think it can be problems with sensors or thermal paste,im not sure.... i tried fresh windows install,updated gpu tweak,tried silent and gaming gpu tweak default settings,,tried new and old nvidia drivers,tried place the gpu into another computer and the issue continue,the only way to keep my temps like before is ,setting Power Target 65% in GpuTweak,losing alot of performance... its really annoying when its starts runs at 3000rpm for 1 - 3 seconds all the time....its very loud..

i bought this card in November / 2019....

have any one here with similar issue?Have you guys managed what to do?

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7

Nate152
Hi Chromium Deejay

So, your gpu works but you're having temp issues. 80-81c is warm but is within specs, according to Nvidia up to 89c is fine for the RTX 2080 Super.

What I would try is setting a fan curve in GPU tweak III.

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
the problem is,looks like the temps are locked at max 81c for some reason or the sensors dont shows me the real temps,and the fans get crazy running at 3000rpm for a few seconds doing alot of noise,then return to normal rpm, something similar at this guyz here, https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?110627-ROG-Strix-2080-Ti-OC-broken-fan-behavior

also,yes,the gpu temps are too righ, and videocard its very clean..no dust at all

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ChroMiuM Deejay,
May I have the serial number and invoice via pm to check the warranty?
Thank you.

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
Hi,ok ..!!

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
Pm Sent...

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ChroMiuM,
After checked with our local team, repair service is provided by our distributors in Japan and and all terms and conditions must comply with the distributor's regulations.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.