cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus gl307gs laptop. Keyboard and backlight take 10mins before working on startup

Saionara
Level 7
When I turn the laptop asus gl307gs on the backlight and Keyboard dont work for 10 mins. Have fresh installed windows. Moved to Win 11 still happens. Updated to latest firmware. My son gave me the laptop because of this issue. I havent found anything online that helps with the problem. Because the laptop is out of warranty I cannot get asus support.
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Saionara wrote:
When I turn the laptop asus gl307gs on the backlight and Keyboard dont work for 10 mins. Have fresh installed windows. Moved to Win 11 still happens. Updated to latest firmware. My son gave me the laptop because of this issue. I havent found anything online that helps with the problem. Because the laptop is out of warranty I cannot get asus support.

Hi, because your computer may be out of warranty, what I could suggest you is to try to restore the system back to factory reset. If the situation remains the same, maybe some parts of this laptop are abnormal. In addition to this problem, if there are no other problems in use, I would recommend that you continue to use. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
Hi, because your computer may be out of warranty, what I could suggest you is to try to restore the system back to factory reset. If the situation remains the same, maybe some parts of this laptop are abnormal. In addition to this problem, if there are no other problems in use, I would recommend that you continue to use. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.
Thank you for your reply. It has had several factory resets and I have tried many diferent fixes to no avail. After laptop is turned on it takes roughly 10 minutes for backlight and keyboard to start working. Surely a laptop barely out of warranty should be better than this. I own a lot of asus equipment but if this is acceptable I wont purchase anymore.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Saionara wrote:
Thank you for your reply. It has had several factory resets and I have tried many diferent fixes to no avail. After laptop is turned on it takes roughly 10 minutes for backlight and keyboard to start working. Surely a laptop barely out of warranty should be better than this. I own a lot of asus equipment but if this is acceptable I wont purchase anymore.

Hi, If this problem really bothers you, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Saionara
Level 7
Thank you. I have planned to do that. I am still sure it is a driver or software issue. I have read online posts of other laptops suffering same or similar problems being given a hotfix to fix the issue. I have been unable to find one for this laptop. Kind regards