cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Recent AGESA version in GA35DX Bios

ChrisL1971
Level 10
Hello,

For all(70+) Asus X370/X470/X570 DIY mainboard a Bios with recent 1.2.0.7 AGESA Version has been released . The GA35DX is left on a old AGESA version 1.1.8.0. Can you ask internal ASUS to update the GA35DX Bios as well? These systems are expansieve and expirianse the least support.
24 REPLIES 24

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ChrisL1971,
May I know why you want to update to 1.2.0.7 AGESA Version?
Could you please share me the serial number via pm?
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN,

I would like to update from 3800 to a 5800X3D or Ryzen 9 . 3D is only supported from this AGESA version and has better support for 5950X.

Also in the new AGESA there are new features, functions, and microcode enhancements that i would like to see. Also some USB fixes have been implemented.

Will send you a PM with Serial number 🙂

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ChrisL1971,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll forward the feedback to our tech team for consideration.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi ChrisL1971,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll forward the feedback to our tech team for consideration.

Thanks!! 🙂

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ChrisL1971,
After checked with our tech team, although we have plan to update agesa for G35DX, it would take months for testing. If we encounter issues while testing, the bios released time would be longer than estimated.
Please stay tuned to our official website for update news.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi ChrisL1971,
After checked with our tech team, although we have plan to update agesa for G35DX, it would take months for testing. If we encounter issues while testing, the bios released time would be longer than estimated.
Please stay tuned to our official website for update news.
Thank you.

Super

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ChrisL1971,
Sorry forgot to mention that G35DX is desktop product, and it is different from DIY motherboards. Although we update agesa for G35DX, it doesn't mean we will support 5800X3D, 5950X or newer Ryzen 9 CPUs on G35DX after bios update, because we only test the original CPU for G35DX.
To make sure stability, please use the original CPU of your G35DX.
Thank you.

Hello STARRAIN@ROG,

Do you know if they have started with creating / testing a new BIOS for the GA35 including a updated AGESA version? I'm looking forward 🙂

Kind Regards,

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ChrisL1971,
The estimated schedule is the middle of September, but if tech team find issue when testing, it would be postponed.
Please stay tuned to our official website for bios update information.
Thank you.