cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus Hero Z690 how to enable SLI

Nordway
Level 8
As we all know, Asus Maximus Hero Z690 does not support SLI, and how surprised I was when I inserted two video cards and the performance dropped a lot, but I found a solution !!!! who is interested?
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Nordway

You sparked my curiosity, do you have Maximize 3D Performance in the Nvidia Control Panel?

Soon i come to home and all explain ^_^Â*

While I leave this video here...

I will describe the process soon)))

Hello everyone again, let's start with the fact that I had an old system that I did not change for a long time. In particular i7-2600K @4.5Ghz/Asus P8Z77-V LK/DDR3 32Gb 1866MHz/SLI Asus Strix 1070x2 card. And I finally decided to change my system.
The processor is of course i9-12900K, and the motherboard is Asus Maximus Hero Z690, Kingston FURY Beast Black DDR5 32Gb 5600Mhz. When I bought, the price of this motherboard in Russia is far from the cheapest. And I could not even imagine that it would not support SLI. Although at the time of purchase I did not know about it.
When I assembled the system, I simply moved the SSD from the old computer to the new one. And both video cards worked for me, the average increase was + 20FPS, that is, the i9 12900K revealed two video cards better than the i7-2600K. After making sure that everything works fine, I decided to reinstall Windows. New hardware, fresh Windows. And what was my surprise, after reinstallation, my second video card stopped working, 0% load. I started to remember what I did? I updated the BIOS, I decided to roll it back, it did not help. I installed the operating system in UEFI, tried reinstalling in Legacy .. it did non help also .. but IT all worked when I originally just moved the SSD to the new computer.

I decided to take the last step, Asus P8Z77-V LK has native SLI support.. I returned both video cards to this motherboard, also returned the SSD, I installed a clean Windows.. and checked that SLI works. Next, I rearranged the video cards back into the new computer, and returned this SSD to the new computer. And lo and behold!!!! GPU-Z reports that NVIDIA SLI is Enabled (2 GPU-Z).

What is the conclusion? In order for SLI to work for you, you must first insert two video cards into the motherboard where there is native SLI support, install Windows, check through GPU-Z that support is enabled. And return the SSD to the Z690 Hero motherboard...

After all, isn't it cool?

My new setup
i9-12900k@5.2Ghz/Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black/ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO/Kingston FURY Beast Black 5600Mhz 32GB/SSD Samsung 860Pro 250Gb,SSD Samsung 860 Evo 250Gb/SSD Samsung 970 evo plus 2Tb/Asus Strix 2xGTX1070 SLI/Creative ZxR/Corsair HX1000i/Corsair T780/Dell 34" U3415W/ IIYAMA 24" XUB2492HSU/Keyboard HyperX Elite RGB/Mouse Logitech G9 😃

Hi, it's a very exciting finding! Is this solution still work bow