cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scope RGB LED size?

Vaporwave
Level 8
So, one of the LEDs failed partially, as it no longer works with blue or purple colors. Instead, it turns green when it's supposed to be blue and red when it's supposed to be purple. I've been thinking of replacing it eventually, but I'm not sure about the LED size. From what I understand, this keyboard has 3mm RGB LEDs with 3 pins. Does anyone know if this is correct?
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi Vaporwave,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I'm using the ROG Flare II keyboard and I wouldn't know what led's it has without tearing it down, and since ASUS doesn't sell them as a replacement, this information could be hard to find.

One led is causing problems? An alternate thing to try is tweaking the odd colored key with Aura Creator.

To fix it, I might suggest to contact ASUS tech support, see if they have you set up an RMA and use another keyboard until it arrives.

bobobev
Level 7
Vaporwave wrote:
So, one of the LEDs failed partially, as it no longer works with blue or purple colors. Instead, it turns green when it's supposed to be blue and red when it's supposed to be purple. I've been thinking of replacing it eventually, but I'm not sure about the LED size. From what I understand, this keyboard has 3mm RGB LEDs with 3 pins. Does anyone know if this is correct?

exactly the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

I don't have an answer to the original question, just an observation. Beware the different versions of the Strix Scope. At a minimum, there are MX, NX, and RX keyswitches. In particular, the RX may use different LEDs because it's a quite different design of keyswitch (optical, with no centre post).

I wrote to tech support, I was first told that I needed to reset its Fn + ESC 10 sec, if it doesn't help, then reinstall the program, I tried it all, nothing helped, now I'm thinking of taking it to the service center to fix it, on the one hand they might do it, on the other, moisture protection in it will no longer be so how it was disassembled. In general, I don't know what to do.

Murph_9000 wrote:
I don't have an answer to the original question, just an observation. Beware the different versions of the Strix Scope. At a minimum, there are MX, NX, and RX keyswitches. In particular, the RX may use different LEDs because it's a quite different design of keyswitch (optical, with no centre post).

Yep, mine was a Cherry MX Red. I've sent it for an RMA and after a few days I got a reply saying it couldn't be fixed. Since it's been also descontinued, they are now going to send me the RX Red version of the same keyboard, so it all turned out for the best. The LEDs on this one are actually on the center of the switch.

bobobev@mail.ru wrote:
exactly the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

I've contacted support and they said I could send it for repair. I'm not too bothered, as it's only one LED, but it's good to know in case more LEDs fail. At the moment, I've got that particular key set with a color that works.

Nate152
I sent you a pm with a phone number, this will be better than writing, let me know how you make out with it.

Call: Monday thru Friday 9:00 - 18:00