cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Extreme Marvell 10Gb Ethernet randomly dropping connection

speedybucket
Level 7
I have an issue with the onboard Marvell 10Gb ethernet. It seems that throughout the day, it would drop connection for 3-5 seconds and then comeback again. When it happened, everything seems to be connected still, the ethernet lights, on both the computer and switch are on.

I'm running W10 and using the latest driver on Asus site ver 3.1.3.0.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
13 REPLIES 13

eraserking
Level 7
There has been a lot of discussion about a similar issue in the following thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128211-Z690-Formula-Constant-loss-of-ethernet-on-load

As someone facing the issue from that thread personally, it comes and goes. I haven't run into it in a few weeks now. ASUS wanted me to RMA the board, but I held off. Have you made any progress resolving this on your own?

I am having the same type issues, but it is not load or traffic related, it is more time related.. when I first boot or enable wireless all that I use, it will connect just fine, but in 1 to 2 minutes it will disconnect, I can reconnect and it might do it one more time or it will stay up until the next cycle.

eraserking wrote:
There has been a lot of discussion about a similar issue in the following thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128211-Z690-Formula-Constant-loss-of-ethernet-on-load

As someone facing the issue from that thread personally, it comes and goes. I haven't run into it in a few weeks now. ASUS wanted me to RMA the board, but I held off. Have you made any progress resolving this on your own?

Thank you for the link. I'll response to that thread instead. But for me going down to version 3.0.19.0 firmware has fixed the issue

speedybucket wrote:
Thank you for the link. I'll response to that thread instead. But for me going down to version 3.0.19.0 firmware has fixed the issue

Yeah I found similar issues and had to use 3.0.19 version to fix the issues. I mean the incompetence these companies do with their software is mind boggling. All the drivers past the 3.0.19 cause massive issues (Slow upload,dropped connections,hitching, etc) It's insane..

BizSAR
Level 9
Has anyone tried the v3.1.7.0 drivers from this thread yet to see if this issue is solved?
BizSAR

Ribellu
Level 10
speedybucket wrote:
I have an issue with the onboard Marvell 10Gb ethernet. It seems that throughout the day, it would drop connection for 3-5 seconds and then comeback again. When it happened, everything seems to be connected still, the ethernet lights, on both the computer and switch are on.

I'm running W10 and using the latest driver on Asus site ver 3.1.3.0.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

From what I just read, the culprit would be KB5016691 this update causes connection stoppages.

Ribellu wrote:
From what I just read, the culprit would be KB5016691 this update causes connection stoppages.

Hum.. I'm on W11 and the constant dropouts are gone with the older 3.16 driver but I do at times just have the connection stop working and I have to disable/enable the adapter to have it work again.

iain
Level 7

Same thing happening for me

PeterUK1
Level 8

I'm having problems with Marvell 10Gb but for me v3.1.3.0 is stable and v3.1.7.0 is not.🙄