ROG Junior Member Array

Z690 Extreme Marvell 10Gb Ethernet randomly dropping connection

I have an issue with the onboard Marvell 10Gb ethernet. It seems that throughout the day, it would drop connection for 3-5 seconds and then comeback again. When it happened, everything seems to be connected still, the ethernet lights, on both the computer and switch are on.

I'm running W10 and using the latest driver on Asus site ver 3.1.3.0.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

ROG Member Array

There has been a lot of discussion about a similar issue in the following thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...hernet-on-load

As someone facing the issue from that thread personally, it comes and goes. I haven't run into it in a few weeks now. ASUS wanted me to RMA the board, but I held off. Have you made any progress resolving this on your own?

New ROGer Array

Win 11 Hero 1505

I am having the same type issues, but it is not load or traffic related, it is more time related.. when I first boot or enable wireless all that I use, it will connect just fine, but in 1 to 2 minutes it will disconnect, I can reconnect and it might do it one more time or it will stay up until the next cycle.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by eraserking View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion about a similar issue in the following thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...hernet-on-load

As someone facing the issue from that thread personally, it comes and goes. I haven't run into it in a few weeks now. ASUS wanted me to RMA the board, but I held off. Have you made any progress resolving this on your own?
    Thank you for the link. I'll response to that thread instead. But for me going down to version 3.0.19.0 firmware has fixed the issue

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by speedybucket View Post
    Thank you for the link. I'll response to that thread instead. But for me going down to version 3.0.19.0 firmware has fixed the issue

Yeah I found similar issues and had to use 3.0.19 version to fix the issues. I mean the incompetence these companies do with their software is mind boggling. All the drivers past the 3.0.19 cause massive issues (Slow upload,dropped connections,hitching, etc) It's insane..

ROG Enthusiast Array

Has anyone tried the v3.1.7.0 drivers from this thread yet to see if this issue is solved?
    BizSAR

New ROGer Array Ribellu PC Specs
    Ribellu PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Z690 HERO
    ProcessorI7 12700KF
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2X16Gb 5200Mhz 38/38/38/74
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING
    MonitorAsus VG27AQ
    Storage #1SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1T
    Storage #2SSD Samsung 960 EVO 500gb
    CPU CoolerMSI MAG CoreLiquid C240
    CaseThermaltake Commander C31 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
    Mouse Razer Bazilisk V2
    Headset/Speakers Hyper X Cloud Alpha
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Quote Originally Posted by speedybucket View Post
    I have an issue with the onboard Marvell 10Gb ethernet. It seems that throughout the day, it would drop connection for 3-5 seconds and then comeback again. When it happened, everything seems to be connected still, the ethernet lights, on both the computer and switch are on.

I'm running W10 and using the latest driver on Asus site ver 3.1.3.0.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    From what I just read, the culprit would be KB5016691 this update causes connection stoppages.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ribellu View Post
    From what I just read, the culprit would be KB5016691 this update causes connection stoppages.
    Hum.. I'm on W11 and the constant dropouts are gone with the older 3.16 driver but I do at times just have the connection stop working and I have to disable/enable the adapter to have it work again.