cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nvidia drivers makes iCue not recognize anymore ASUS Motherboard and GPU (or not?

THEMAGICJULES
Level 7
Hi all,

I’ve installed the last release of Nvidia drivers and I believe that makes iCue not recognize anymore my ASUS motherboard and the GPU; moreover now in the dashboard, it is saying Nvidia RTX 3090 and not ASUS Rog Strix 3090. I’ve tried a clean reinstall of Armory Crate (total rubbish) and iCue but still; the only thing left is to rollback the Nvidia drivers (I would like to don’t do that).

Any suggestions?

iCue ver. 4.24.193

Nividia ver. 516.40

CRAP Armoury crate ver 5.1.4.1 (should be the last ver.)
34 REPLIES 34

THEMAGICJULES
Level 7
Partially solved
Rolled back to Nvidia Game Ready 512.95 and all is working fine

ahfoo
Level 13
MIne still Shown ROG GPU and I dont think it wise not to upgrade the driver just because some tiny error occur which we cannot determine if the driver are actual problems.

I’m reporting what was my issue which obviously isn’t going to be the same for all.
SO, if someone is having my same issue they can try this; for me worked.

Cheers

Â*
P.s: One more thing I’ve tried a fresh win 10 and win 11 with the last Armoury Crate (who should be deleted forever as a software), the last iCue and the last Nvidia drivers and still, rolled back to the previous one and it was working… SO, who knows maybe it was just my systemÂ*

The new update is messing with the icue my motherboard worked just fine with switching but my ASUS 3090 so I rolled back to the previous update of nvidia game driver and it worked just fine once I closed down icue and reopened it so they have to fix something with this latest game driver update because it’s not showing or allowing icue to see it.Â*

Braegnok
Level 14
THEMAGICJULES wrote:
Hi all,

I’ve installed the last release of Nvidia drivers and I believe that makes iCue not recognize anymore my ASUS motherboard and the GPU; moreover now in the dashboard, it is saying Nvidia RTX 3090 and not ASUS Rog Strix 3090. I’ve tried a clean reinstall of Armory Crate (total rubbish) and iCue but still; the only thing left is to rollback the Nvidia drivers (I would like to don’t do that).

Any suggestions?

iCue ver. 4.24.193

Nividia ver. 516.40

CRAP Armoury crate ver 5.1.4.1 (should be the last ver.)

I'm running iCue ver. 4.24.193 with current Nvidia Game Ready Driver ver. 516.40,.. no issues.

I do not use Armoury Crate. I disable "Download Armoury Crate" in BIOS, and perform clean Windows 11 install.

The steps I use for iCue to work,.. go to Corsair product page download/install iCue ver 4.24.193,.. and download/install Corsair RGB Memory plugin for Asus Aura Sync.

Go to Asus Aura Campaigns global download page, click on downloads, Aura Sync. Do not click on the Armoury Crate Download. You want the Standalone version of Aura Sync Utility latest version 1.07.79_V2.2,.. I download/install standalone version.

After installing iCue & Corsair plugin for Asus Aura Sync,.. I install the standalone version of Aura Sync.

I can now see all Asus RGB, Corsair Memory, Nvidia GPU, and have full control of all RGB.

My system:

Good luck, I do not advice using Armoury Crate with iCue together as I could not get them to work together,..

I needed to perform a new clean Windows install to remove Armoury Crate.

I also encounter this. Removed and reinstalled everything, had to redo my iCue profiles :mad: - no result, no GPU is listed.
IT is there however in Aura Sync. So why iCue doesn't see it after the nivdia update no idea. If no workaround maybe after some other silly nvidia update it will work again...I hope.

420Assassin
Level 9
I had the same issue. The GPU will show up in dashboard page. But for RGB page it doesn't show up.. I had to roll back to previous driver.
Edit: I also have the issue with Corsair ram not responding and its rgb locking up.. but that's not nvidia related lol

katlani
Level 9
I think it was mentioned on NVIDIA's forum and filed as a bug.

Same issue here with 3080...
After installing latest NVidia drivers, the VGA disappeared from iCue...
No way to restore.

Thx