cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus N53sm Nvidia 630m refuses to switch on !!

Abhijit
Level 7
Hi,

I just bought a Asus N53sm notebook with Nvidia next gen graphics and I am in deep sh*t. The Nvidia card refuses to switch on. I have raised a technical enquirt with asus but I just do not understand how asus can release notebooks without proper testing.

I have tried all options, like going to nvidia panel and choosing the nvidia card specifically for an application. The biggest dupe is that the nvidia driver from the asus site says that there is no nvidia card installed. But I know there is. This is the exact product I bought N53SM from Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/N53SM-ES72-15-...ref=pd_cp_pc_0

There is no option in the BIOS to switch off the the intel card too.....I just dont understand why I had to pay 900 bucks to deal with this.
2 REPLIES 2

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

When did you buy this notebook? Are you still under the resellers change period? If yes I would go down to the store and change the unit for a new one.

Since you get the error when trying to install the nvidia card, you do have the ATK package installed?

Be sure that you have updated your hardware, such as Intel chipset and the stock atheros wifi card (if you got that)
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Pitcher1
Level 9
HI,how is NB now? replace now or?