cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UQ problems with new firmware v034! BE WARE!

Kobol
Level 8
Just updated to v034 and issues with slow wake time was resolved but there are new problems.

Sometime (totally random) when monitor comes out of sleep the monitor start to flicker with some some flickering blue lines on it (its like that there is problem with the cable/video signal but there is no such problem). If I restart monitor everything is fixed. There was no problem of this kind with the previous firmware. It doesnt appear every time it wakes. Thinks that the problem occur when the monitor stays asleep for longer but I am not totally sure about that. For sure there is a problem in the new firmware.

Please resolve this frustrating issue!
16 REPLIES 16

OMGDrAcula
Level 9
Ah I had this issue and IIRC it has to do with video drivers more so then the monitor. It happened with my PG348Q and updating the drivers helped. I will let you know if I experience the same issue as I just upgraded to 034

Kobol
Level 8
Tried different drivers and the issue is not connected to drivers. The strange thing is that the issue appears totally random (not everytime it wakes up).

Kobol
Level 8
Here is the screenshot of the issue - 93630

Kobol
Level 8
If I plug out and in the Display Port the issue is fixed. Also monitor restart works.

It would be great if ASUS support check its forum from time to time!

xeromist
Have you tried a different cable? Sometimes if the signal is on the edge of viability a different cable can help prevent problems like this.

Regarding support, always contact through official channels as listed on the ASUS website. This is a community forum so ASUS doesn't provide official support here other than escalation of existing RMA issues.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Kobol
Level 8
I am using the DP cable that comes with the monitor and the issue pops up only on wake up (sometimes). If its a cable problem how it will be connected to the cable quality!?

And also I had not this issue with the previous version of the firmware.

xeromist
You mentioned flickering which can indicate a cable problem. Cables tend to fall on a spectrum rather than being just "Good" and "Bad". So it's possible for a cable to work under one set of circumstances but not others. If the new firmware is negotiating the link differently it's possible a poor cable could start to show issues.

You can test another way. I would try setting display output to 60Hz and see if that makes any difference. If it still has the issue at 60hz then it's definitely not a signal quality issue since that requires much less bandwidth. If the problem goes away then I might try 120Hz and see what happens but I would definitely try another cable if the issue is dependent on refresh rate.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Kobol
Level 8
Changed to HDMI and so far no problems at all.

I get a near identical issue on the XG43UQ, running it at 4K120 or 4K144 over HDMI 2.1 using the ROG-branded HDMI cable that came with the monitor. Soft power cycling the monitor via the remote clears it. I'm unclear exactly what the problem is, or where it's coming from; just figure it's somehow the graphics card and the monitor failing to properly negotiate the digital signal between them. It's quick and easy enough to clear the problem, so currently just shrugging it off as one of those things.