cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix scar 15 (2022) g533zw can't boot SSD

WiCheSTeR
Level 7
does anybody know why this pc can't boot the Samsung secure erase UEFI software to erase my 980 2tb with heat sink??

anything I need to change on the bios parted magic boot fine....

thanks in advance,
5 REPLIES 5

world
Could you provide a bit more detail? What's happening when you try to boot into the Samsung software?

world wrote:
Could you provide a bit more detail? What's happening when you try to boot into the Samsung software?

it doesn't boot at all, but it boot fine to parted magic and Windows 10 and 11 isos....

pc specs I9 12900H 64 gb of ddr5 4800 kingston fury

2tb Samsumng 980 with heat sink and 1tb Micron 3400

I had to disable VMD to get Windows to recognize SSD and I have latest bios 315....

WiCheSTeR wrote:
it doesn't boot at all, but it boot fine to parted magic and Windows 10 and 11 isos....

pc specs I9 12900H 64 gb of ddr5 4800 kingston fury

2tb Samsumng 980 with heat sink and 1tb Micron 3400

I had to disable VMD to get Windows to recognize SSD and I have latest bios 315....

Does this model supports 2TB? I am using the same model with stock 1TB at the moment.
A vendor told me it can only support 1TB. I planned to add another 2TB on the extra slot.

dzack wrote:
Does this model supports 2TB? I am using the same model with stock 1TB at the moment.
A vendor told me it can only support 1TB. I planned to add another 2TB on the extra slot.

yeah I'm using a 2tb samsung 980 with heat sink....

world wrote:

319 Samsung secure erase finally boots!

it was a bios issue, with the latest bios 319 Samsung secure erase finally boots properly!

thanks for the reply!