cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Aura not working

ZackEsseth
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I have a problem and it seems like one that is fairly common with Armory Crate and ASUS Aura Sync. I just put together a new build replacing my rig of the last 10 years. Its my second ASUS board as the last one was a good rig and my first ROG MB. I have built this machine using a Rog Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and the AURA sync is not fully working. The board and my G.Skill ram are working flawlessly with Armory Crate but nothing plugged into my ARGB headers is detected. I spent a lot of time scouring the interwebs trying to find a solution but so far, no avail. The components not working are; my Antec Dark League DP502 FLUX case fans connected to a controller that all came with the case, and my Cooler Master 240 Illusion liquid cooling system plugged directly into a header with supplied daisy chain connector.

I have done the following to try and get this thing working to full speed. Unistalled and reinstalled Armory Crate as admin (about 8 times now). Removed other light controlling apps (razer programs). Unplugged and reinstalled connections of these devices. Updated bios to latest version.

Admittedly Im not the most computer literate person around. But I am good with a multi meter and have a Fluke at work I can bring home for testing the headers as I haven't yet done that. I would just prefer to not have to RMA a board less than a week out of the box.
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
When you uninstalled the software did you use the uninstaller tool from the Dark Hero support page? If not that may help.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I did. I have uninnstalled it using the app. Restarted the computer. Installed armory crate as admin and still hit this same point of nothing being detected on the ARGB headers. At this point I think the Antec case controller is not compatible with Aura Sync but the CoolerMaster systemis so I'm not sire why that one isn't working.

xeromist
Have you used that cooler on another board or RGB controller and did it show up there? Could also be an issue there but without two known compatible devices for an A/B test it's hard to say.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I have not. This is the only rgb rig in my possession. The cooler is new out of the box but that doesn't stop it from being doa. Though I find it hard to believe that the cooler pump and both fans would be not good together. I'll try each fan and pump individually and see if that has any difference.

Well plugging each fan in individually made no difference. I'm about at the point of committing to a USB controller like the Razer chroma controller.

cajudoido
Level 9