cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate says there is something for my Balteus QI

Crasje
Level 12
Hi,

I see a red circle with a white N in Armoury Crate telling me there is something new for the Balteus QI. When I click on that section there is not much to click on and I can't find the 'new' item so my Armoury keeps telling me something is new.

How can I find the item or how can I remove the notification?

Thanks for the help!

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Crasje

The Red circle with the white N is either an update or to sync your profiles.

At the top left of Armoury Crate click Device, Click the ROG Balteus QI, at the top right click the 3 vertical dots to sync your profiles.

You can check for a firmware update on the Firmware Update tab.

I also noticed this behavior with my balteus 4 months ago (here is the thread) .

Still no fix yet from the devs, I hope this bug is reported too since we can't do anything to remove this notification (updates or sync profiles doesn't fix it)

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
that issue is know soon that will be fixed on the new incoming version of AC
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:

Good to know! Thanks!

MrAgapiGC wrote:

ooooohh 🙂
Thx, i am waiting for this for ages now. Lets hope they really fixed it, because it is preventing my Balteus from automaticly switch profiles when starting and closing games.

MrAgapiGC wrote:

Just figured i let you guys know.. the newest version of AC did not fix this issue.
the red dot is still there and the balteus shows as disconnected in gaming profiles...

Lightbringer wrote:
Just figured i let you guys know.. the newest version of AC did not fix this issue.
the red dot is still there and the balteus shows as disconnected in gaming profiles...

Hate to be that guy but one of the thing that the new update fix (or at least didn't break futher) is this. I don't have that red buble on my balteus QI anymore.

I don't know what I can recommand you to do, maybe start by resync the 3 profiles of your balteus? Try to removed the files related to the balteus in the AC folder and do the update for that device again? (See Nate152 post below as it can break your AC, resulting to juste unstall and install AC again. Looking at all the folders now and I can't figured out what files I deleted to trigger the update again, so use this mehtod at your own risk)

Ultimately reinstall armoury crate but it never did anything for me and it's a real chore so...

Nate152
Hey PWN3D_

Good to hear your ROG Balteus Qi is working ok.

I wouldn't go deleting any files as this may give you problems when installing Armoury Crate.

Try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the Asus Support Center.

Select your operating system then click Show all in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.2.3, then head to the update center and run all the updates.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey PWN3D_

Good to hear your ROG Balteus Qi is working ok.

I wouldn't go deleting any files as this may give you problems when installing Armoury Crate.

Try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the Asus Support Center.

Select your operating system then click Show all in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.2.3, then head to the update center and run all the updates.

Hey Nate152,

I remember doing it once to try to fix this problem without having to just nuke armoury crate, but I can't remember what files/folder I deleted so i'll edit my post to reflect the dangerousness of that method