Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Exclamation TUF FX507ZE - Keyboard Combination faulty

    Hi! Everyone.

    I just purchased a TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZE (2022), everything works great! But I wish to report a bug that has been there since day 1. The combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is not working. This combination in explorer is to create a new folder, or in Chrome it will open up an incognito browser. Since I use both of these function pretty much everyday, so this bug had been annoying me for quite some time.

    Your assistance in resolving this bug is very much appreciated. Thanks.

    Extra info:
    - initially I thought it was keyboard ghosting issue (which I hardly believe this will happen to a laptop with this price tag), but i had tried with another usb keyboard and the combination did not work.
    - So I suspect its Asus software is the one inhibiting the key combination, so i uninstall all software at control panel that is from AsusTek. But it did not solve the problem. (yes, all the software that is from AsusTek)
    - So I suspect its driver issue, and so i reboot the windows into safe mode. After entering into safe mode, the combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is then in WORKING condition in both explorer and chrome, with the laptop keyboard as well as usb keyboard.
    - And if i reboot the windows normally, the combination is then not working again.
    - I had tried format the laptop (i backed up the esupport folder), after reinstall the windows, before windows is able to download driver from its repository, the combination is working but once the internet driver is installed, windows started to download all drivers for this laptop.
    - Once windows completed installation of all drivers, the combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is then not working again.

  2. #2
    TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Intel NUC laptop LAPQC71D
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD 5800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAORUS FV43U
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseBeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare II Animate
    Mouse ROG Chakram X
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906 5.1
    Network RouterpfSense/OPNsense
    xeromist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Reputation
    397
    Posts
    8,450

    Have you installed Armoury Crate and made sure it has downloaded the latest updates for your system? There may be something newer than what Windows is trying to install.

    Alternatively you can check the product support page for driver installs. You might have to click the show all to expand and see more downloads.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

    < < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Have you installed Armoury Crate and made sure it has downloaded the latest updates for your system? There may be something newer than what Windows is trying to install.

    Alternatively you can check the product support page for driver installs. You might have to click the show all to expand and see more downloads.
    I had downloaded all the driver and installed them, as well as went to device manager to replace respective driver to the driver version provided by asus website still no luck. I also let my device to be updated over MyAsus App for any driver updates. And yes, I installed Armoury Crate and installed aura wallpaper supplied by eSupport Folder that comes with the device and also let it to updates all the components to the latest version. Despite all those effort but still I have no luck to find out what is the cause that combination CTRL SHIFT N not to work. The only way for it to work is boot into safe mode.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    I managed to found the culprit of this issue, its C-Media Control Panel (Audio Control Panel). Terminating this process will restore the CTRL SHIFT N function back to normal in explorer and chrome. Please help escalate this to the software team to resolve.

  5. #5
    TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Intel NUC laptop LAPQC71D
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD 5800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAORUS FV43U
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseBeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare II Animate
    Mouse ROG Chakram X
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906 5.1
    Network RouterpfSense/OPNsense
    xeromist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Reputation
    397
    Posts
    8,450

    Can you look in the c-media control panel and see what version it says that it is?
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

    < < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Can you look in the c-media control panel and see what version it says that it is?
    The control panel doesn't have any other option / dropdown menu to show the app version. but in windows settings > Apps there it shows version 1.0.20.0. The app is downloaded from Microsoft Store as directed by the link given on Asus website itself for this laptop. You can see the control panel interface in the link below.

    https://apps.microsoft.com/store/det...hl=en-my&gl=MY

    For C-media Driver version is 2.3.1.14
    and for C-media audio effect driver version is 2.2.1.14

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    162

    Quote Originally Posted by FlammaXing View Post
    The control panel doesn't have any other option / dropdown menu to show the app version. but in windows settings > Apps there it shows version 1.0.20.0. The app is downloaded from Microsoft Store as directed by the link given on Asus website itself for this laptop. You can see the control panel interface in the link below.

    https://apps.microsoft.com/store/det...hl=en-my&gl=MY

    For C-media Driver version is 2.3.1.14
    and for C-media audio effect driver version is 2.2.1.14
    I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon@ROG View Post
    I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.
    Hi, any update on the problem? i have the exact issue in my asus tuf FX517ZM

    Thanks

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by cesar_2019 View Post
    Hi, any update on the problem? i have the exact issue in my asus tuf FX517ZM

    Thanks
    well, took them long enough
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussi...er-not-working

    just sit and wait for the release i guess....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •