cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF FX507ZE - Keyboard Combination faulty - solved

FlammaXing
Level 8
Hi! Everyone.

I just purchased a TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZE (2022), everything works great! But I wish to report a bug that has been there since day 1. The combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is not working. This combination in explorer is to create a new folder, or in Chrome it will open up an incognito browser. Since I use both of these function pretty much everyday, so this bug had been annoying me for quite some time.

Your assistance in resolving this bug is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Extra info:
- initially I thought it was keyboard ghosting issue (which I hardly believe this will happen to a laptop with this price tag), but i had tried with another usb keyboard and the combination did not work.
- So I suspect its Asus software is the one inhibiting the key combination, so i uninstall all software at control panel that is from AsusTek. But it did not solve the problem. (yes, all the software that is from AsusTek)
- So I suspect its driver issue, and so i reboot the windows into safe mode. After entering into safe mode, the combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is then in WORKING condition in both explorer and chrome, with the laptop keyboard as well as usb keyboard.
- And if i reboot the windows normally, the combination is then not working again.
- I had tried format the laptop (i backed up the esupport folder), after reinstall the windows, before windows is able to download driver from its repository, the combination is working but once the internet driver is installed, windows started to download all drivers for this laptop.
- Once windows completed installation of all drivers, the combination CTRL + SHIFT + N is then not working again.
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
Have you installed Armoury Crate and made sure it has downloaded the latest updates for your system? There may be something newer than what Windows is trying to install.

Alternatively you can check the product support page for driver installs. You might have to click the show all to expand and see more downloads.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Have you installed Armoury Crate and made sure it has downloaded the latest updates for your system? There may be something newer than what Windows is trying to install.

Alternatively you can check the product support page for driver installs. You might have to click the show all to expand and see more downloads.

I had downloaded all the driver and installed them, as well as went to device manager to replace respective driver to the driver version provided by asus website still no luck. I also let my device to be updated over MyAsus App for any driver updates. And yes, I installed Armoury Crate and installed aura wallpaper supplied by eSupport Folder that comes with the device and also let it to updates all the components to the latest version. Despite all those effort but still I have no luck to find out what is the cause that combination CTRL SHIFT N not to work. The only way for it to work is boot into safe mode.

I managed to found the culprit of this issue, its C-Media Control Panel (Audio Control Panel). Terminating this process will restore the CTRL SHIFT N function back to normal in explorer and chrome. Please help escalate this to the software team to resolve.

xeromist
Can you look in the c-media control panel and see what version it says that it is?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Can you look in the c-media control panel and see what version it says that it is?

The control panel doesn't have any other option / dropdown menu to show the app version. but in windows settings > Apps there it shows version 1.0.20.0. The app is downloaded from Microsoft Store as directed by the link given on Asus website itself for this laptop. You can see the control panel interface in the link below.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/cmedia6549audiocontrolpanel/9N5J8H1HGC92?hl=en-my&gl=MY

For C-media Driver version is 2.3.1.14
and for C-media audio effect driver version is 2.2.1.14

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
FlammaXing wrote:
The control panel doesn't have any other option / dropdown menu to show the app version. but in windows settings > Apps there it shows version 1.0.20.0. The app is downloaded from Microsoft Store as directed by the link given on Asus website itself for this laptop. You can see the control panel interface in the link below.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/cmedia6549audiocontrolpanel/9N5J8H1HGC92?hl=en-my&gl=MY

For C-media Driver version is 2.3.1.14
and for C-media audio effect driver version is 2.2.1.14

I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Hi, any update on the problem? i have the exact issue in my asus tuf FX517ZM

Thanks

cesar_2019 wrote:
Hi, any update on the problem? i have the exact issue in my asus tuf FX517ZM

Thanks

well, took them long enough
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62373/c-media-control-panel-make-ctrl-shift-n-in-browser-not-...

just sit and wait for the release i guess....

Any admin here? this thread can be closed. The issue had been resolved by app update over windows store today.