cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel W-Fi 6e AX411 will not install in Win 11

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have been trying to replace an AX201 card with the newer AX411 Wi-Fi Network adapter. This has happened now with two different cards but I cannot get the drivers to install on the device. I have quite a bit of experience with this and even tried the Intel driver support utility but it fails also.

This is on a ROG Hero XII motherboard which worked fine with the AX201 and the CNVio2 interface. The card should work but does not. One thing I was looking at was the Hardware ID on the device and I seem to not get a definite device match with any of the Hardware IDs which I am adding at the bottom. Because of this situation, the cards may be bogus and not real AX411 cards.

I will be going over to the Intel support forum to see if they might have any info but just wanted to ask here to see if anyone else has experienced this situation.

Thanks for reading.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00B48086&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00B48086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&CC_0280
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
4 REPLIES 4

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Saltgrass,
If it is Intel product, please consult Intel support for the drivers.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Saltgrass,
If it is Intel product, please consult Intel support for the drivers.
Thank you.

I have done that already. I have, or so it appears, everything I need to install the card but it refuses to even run. I even used the Intel driver installer which also failed. I have installed several AX210 cards with the other interface and they install fine. Since I am replacing an AX201, the cards have the same interface.

I am assuming the latest Bios my Z490 motherboard just received would not affect whether the card would install or not. There is even a driver for the AX211 card in the latest drivers for that board. I am waiting for an AX211 to show up in the next couple of weeks so I will check to see what that card does since it is qualified to run on my motherboard.

Thanks for the response.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Saltgrass,
If you would like to discuss more with other customers, PC COMPONENTS or other subforum would be more suitable.
Probably there are more customers can share their experience.
Thank you.

DeltaB
Level 7
Be mindful that the AX211 and AX411 cards are both CPU and chipset specific, as both are Intel based only. The 500 series chipset for example, (Intel based) will only support the AX201 and you will have to have Intel based 600 series chipsets with 12th gen or higher to support the AX211 or AX411. The chipset plays a vital role as to compatability.